theshowmustgoon2.12 update 12/05/11 (for Starview 6 and 7 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your box is connecting it could be a faulty box, try putting the new software on again, then factory default, scan then press 1819

If not hopefully the supplier will accept the box back as faulty

Hi Tommy we have tried 2 brand new straight out off the boxes at 2 didfferant houses and both are the same buy as mine still works fine just trying again what you said about reflashing see if that works?

Hi guys

ok i bought one starview a couple off weeks ago working ok get the channels i.e ss1 ss2

ok bought 2 more starviews today and when i try and set them up everything goes normal but they wont connect to internet.
when i put my other in it works fine
is there a problem with the server and it wont accept new boxes?
go to menu and what firmware does it say your using

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I have edited your post above and put quote tags around post you are giving help to,

so as not to cause confusion and might help others with same problem

Last edited:
Starview 7

Hi Tommy we have tried 2 brand new straight out off the boxes at 2 didfferant houses and both are the same buy as mine still works fine just trying again what you said about reflashing see if that works?

Ellen, I have the same problem my own starview is fine another box that my mates brought round has the same SW but says not connected. I had one out of the box which wouldn't work spoke to the supplier and gave him the serial number of the back of the unit. And the next day it was on..

Anyone know how to check the date of 1st connection? there was supposed to be a 12month life on these units....

not connected is a clue,was the box second hand or brand new as i have heard the first supply need the connecting cable to dongle to work,
have you powered off at rear box modem and router for 30 secs then on and your lan cable is connected also
new 2.12 firmware gives you 12 months again according to the kiddy.

Sorry Cactikid i have tried your answers and they are the same i have tried 3 brand new out off the box and all 3 are the same

it must be the server?

if the server was down all the boxes would not work,the boxes that work are they in the same spot and if you change them over to the other one then dont work?

yes they are in exactly the same place

when i said server was down i meant is it allowing new boxes to connect?

memory brings me back to another cable box that were brought out and firmware would not work on them,no one told them they changed the chip,so a new firmware had to be brought out,has this happened again??
at least you can say in same spot one works and 2 dont lol.

i have just checked my router and it says box is connected
i have run out off things to try its a nightmare i give up
unless the kiddy is going to help then i am baffled

i had this issue i put the old software show must go on - on first then put the new version on this sorted it for me

the kiddy seems to be either working hard to find a solution to these issues and the combo /hd updates or is keeping a low profile ? as people seem to be getting disillusioned with starview all over again after the initial wave of optimism !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back