UK Picons Download/Support

Forcefire

TK Veteran
Hey all,

I've decided to make a picons folder for users of UK sky/cable TV. I know there are lots of options with picons but I know lots have missing channels, no longer updated etc so thought I would do my own collection for all to use. I'm no artist so I take no credit for making the picons, most are just channel logos gotten from the web and made into picons. I'm sourcing picons from all over, making 1 folder and making them all the same size/format etc.
What I need is poeples help to tell me whats missing, local channels etc as I don't have time to sit at my box flicking through all the channels (wife & kids wouldn't let me anyway, lol) Anyway you can download what I've got so far, no install needed just copy the picon folder to your external drive and your done. The file is located on my dropbox so everyone can download.

Code:
[URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxhydnrseov7far/picon.rar?dl=0[/URL]

Once installed and you spot a missing channel please post a comment below and I will add the picon to the set. Hoping to get a full channel set ASAP and then keep it updated with new channels, channel rename/changes. I'm looking to do weekly updates with new picons etc then once its complete update as needed.

I'm currenty only able to test on my Xpeed LX2 box running Openvix so poeple with other boxes/images please let me know how they work, I can comprise a list of working boxes etc to help others out.

Cheers

Been looking through my EPG, seen the odd channel which I will sort but need to know what local channels there are?

Right been looking at my EPG and spotted a few missing channel picons so got then now, also added a few local channels like Made in Bristol etc. Should show a full set to the end of Sky Box Office now, just need to work on some of the foreign channels and a few adult channels and it shoudl be done :)

You can download the latest set here:

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmcf3m1adk64qsy/picons_updated_29-03-15_by_Forcefire.rar?dl=0

Just add the Picon folder to your HDD and thats it.

Im going to have to get these picons once im all set up mate looks good thanks :) and i will send an email to your guy shortly about the nline, once my box is all configured and set up properly [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem mate, just let me know if you spot any picons missing, mainly the local channels

Ok mate will do, i've sorted nearly everything on my box now, the only thing im stuck on is all the channels are scattered about in the epg, how can i get a nice new order of them? Is there somet i can do or maybe a plugin to download?

Cheers again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive just added the picons folder to the HDD as suggested above and turned on picons in the settings and I don't get them...

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Hi,

So the Picon folder in on your HDD, you've enabled the Picon setting in EPG, have you enabled it on Info bar too, there are many locations for enabling picons, just let me know what you've done and I'll see if I can spot why.

have used your image on my LX2 ,which works great ,but cant get these picon's working ...
Have D/L & put on my HDD but they are not showing any tips or ideas ?

Now sorted thanks for the D/L

Last edited:
I'm still new to this, I have an incomplete set of picons that are working but I cannot get your ones to display... My working set have filenames like 1_0_0_1B82_7DA_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png does this mean that my box won't recognise your picons because of the filenames?

Hi, is there an update for BT Europe & MUTV? Thanks. if not is it easy enough to make your own? as I could help with this.

the links have stopped working? error 404 file not found i would really appreciate a new link thanks in advance for the hard work

by using snp picons (Service Named Picons) you will not need to ever update your picon folder any more
only if they is a new channle much easyer

do you know anything about the xpeed lx2 boxes all mine does is show xpeedlx on the front display and if i look through the air vents of the box on the main board it shows a constant yellow light thx if you can help

do you know anything about the xpeed lx2 boxes all mine does is show xpeedlx on the front display and if i look through the air vents of the box on the main board it shows a constant yellow light thx if you can help

Have you flashed the box with a OS like Openvix?

xpeed xl

i tried a 2gb 4gb and also an 8gb usb stick but to no avail nothing happens it still sticks on xpeedxl on the front display of the box is there anything else i can do i also pressed the reset button in side of the box and still nothing thx dave

Back