uk sat channels gone dark (hd) update

satmanUK

TK Veteran
PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS POST WITH POINTLESS POSTS ABOUT CHANNELS SCRAMBLED ECT

This is a email update from what i have been told this week:

Hi mate, yes your right about sky uk and Italy going down and we have a fix but at present still in testing and may be able once all channels gone to do a test. We have it working with a 093b card .Info needed is a fresh box and card and cpu dumps.

It started a few months ago, all hd sub channels will begin changing codec and broadcasting streams to allow for new mpeg5 epg system to be launched and added to all hd paired boxes via software upgrade....this new feature similar to that of saorview,, same route as for sky Italia and so will happen to sky Germany too soon"

Sky's new pairing doesn't introduce any significant differences to the existing NDS data, that data is still encrypted so only a genuine card can decrypt it, but what it does do is add an additional layer of encryption between the box/card to prevent their cards from being used in card servers like oscam.Remember, the change has NOT happened at the NDS level, it has happened at the firmware level of both the new HD boxes and the existing cards.
It's the boxes that are instructed to use the pairing algo [or not] for a particular channel(s) [or more accurately, entitlement group/level]

If you place a card in a new HD box, the card will be instructed to accept the newly encrypted data using the box's pairing key...

If you then move the card back to oscam, it will continue to expect that encrypted data for that channel(s) and try to decrypt it...
Of course, as the incoming data is NOT encrypted (coming from oscam for example) you'll get nothing worthwhile back..

Current:
ECM/EMM Data is fed to the box via the MPEG stream, it then passes it to the card for a response.

Remours are we all will need new receivers with MPEG5 support or whatever new. Simple HD era is ending, though UltraHD and K4 formats are being developed... I wonder, WHY are these providers ahead of the whole planet? The most people have common SD receivers, even not HD ones.

Now people chat about mpeg5 as a myth.

no such thing as MPEG5, it's HEVC or H.265.. I think someone is getting confused with MHEG-5 which is used for services including epg.

I have a PC setup which supports HEVC and I can't play these channels. DVBDream tunes them fine and reports H.264 as the video codec... but the CSC plugin does not receive DCW's from the server for these channels. This is why we made a new EMU

There is no satellite SoC on the market that can support mpeg5/heavc/h265. Our little Japanese friends are busy making they boxes now with mpeg5/heavc/h265 support because where there is money to be made they are on it trust me on that one for now.

what it’s already done in the cable and IPTV set-top world, Broadcom on Tuesday launched two chipsets – the BCM7364 and the BCM7399 -- that support the High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) in boxes for satellite TV services. HEVC, which is about 50% more efficient than MPEG-4/MPEG-2, is becoming a cornerstone technology for service provider 4K Ultra HD strategies. HEVC is also expected to become a go-to codec for video that is delivered over cellular services that are typically paired with bandwidth-usage limits, Rich Nelson, SVP of marketing for Broadcom’s Broadband Communications Group, said. Broadcom said its new chips enable 10-bit HEVC decode at 60 frames per second. The new chipsets, currently available for sampling, also support HDMI 2.0 and integrated MoCA 2.0 for high-speed networking over home coax lines, the company said. Broadcom launched similar HEVC-optimized chips for cable boxes at last June’s cable show, and for IPTV set-tops at the IBC confab in Amsterdam last fall. Nelson said 2013 was a “good development year for solidifying [HEVC] technology.” This year, he said, will be marked by more interoperability with video encoding manufacturers, enabling HEVC to reach a “new state of readiness.” HEVC, however, won’t be the only codec used for 4K video. YouTube, for example, is demonstrating 4K streaming here this week using VP9, a Google-backed, royalty-free video codec that claims to be as bandwidth-efficient as HEVC. YouTube has already lined up Broadcom and other vendors for its 4K/VP9 demos. Broadcom isn’t betting all its chips on one encoding technology. “Broadcom believes both technologies can live with some level of harmony, but we’re not predicting if one or the other will win out. Our customers will decide which they want to implement and we’ll respond accordingly,” the company said in a statement about recent HEVC and VP9 market development

more info

mheg-5 to be specific
mpeg-5 - [EN] Enduser support - Forums
MHEG-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chat soon

now his email is all over the place and yet my mate has still not tested the so called fix.

Last edited:
Cheers sat man very informative. Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO i thought the fix was here, as the person claims they did sky it. now he has a rep , very good one as is on a emu site. Just it seems at present still being done.

I would imagine that if we looked at the HD we would see it's moved from a standard PK, moved from tiers both on our card and addressing in our firmware. A simple address and single decrypt key change - not particularly pairing would send HD blank. Video standard may change but it is not the issue here in my humble opinion .... Well not the whole story.

again no spam posts here , or it will be reported

sky italy seems to be cracked

so maybe soon sky uk

my freind his open slyit hd with caid 0919 full hd and all channel hd is work
i tested it and work 100%!!
Di**rk hd soon is back to...

10630708899524466469.jpg

30413394810112031105.jpg

35868829096032360415.jpg

xJ2SEv.jpg

Last edited:
He hasnt told you the full story.Your friend should maybe tell you why he has it working;)

Ive just looked into this, and my provider tells me:

0919 is old cards, soon won't work

Back to square one again.

It never stopped.sky italia changed cards 3 times 0919 , 093b ,09CD.

sky italia sent emm killer to result in card error and card change

so people which got HD on sky Italia working are very low with 0919 card as sky italia didnt activate the ecm algo on those cards

update:

the guy on oscam dev who patched oscam for sky italy, says UK is not doable at present due to chip reading

Thanks for the update man.
So, sky ita hd is patched but its ready to work on server or not yet?
Keep us updated on sky

Any reason satmanUK was banned? He seems to have some knowledge of what's going on with the paired HD.

I agree m8.But potency to this thread or any other regarding this issue will only leave you clutching at straws.There is and always will be another option(cable) in the mean time.Then when thats pointless maybe sly again or another option will be on the cards.Its how its worked for years and i would imagine always will.serman over;)

Back