uk sat channels gone dark (hd) update

Not everyone will love finger pulling and there's nothing been spoon fed as long as one is not choked.

From another forum - where people seem to think the person posting it has inside contacts:

sky will finaly close on Thursday 4th September every thing wqill be on a paired box all black owell theres still out there for now
regards simon

ps it was good while we had it in the old days we never had sky ie the film net days

From another forum - where people seem to think the person posting it has inside contacts:

sky will finaly close on Thursday 4th September every thing wqill be on a paired box all black owell theres still out there for now
regards simon

ps it was good while we had it in the old days we never had sky ie the film net days

So whats going to happen to all the Sky users with older non HD boxes they getting cut off as well? dont think so...

Not having a dig at you there CDizzle either.

I should state i don't believe it myself, for the same reason you state - the non hd boxes. Just thought i'd share what was posted and see what people think. I was shocked to see people on that other forum accepting what was stated, so the person who posted it must have been right about a few things before, as we all know how people love to shoot down other peoples theories on the internet!

Thanks for posting but I would say rubbish! Why on earth would Sky close of service to tons of customers on old boxes it makes no sense, they would lose a fortune and pîss off do many people, it just would not happen.

This poster wasnt called "gillster" was he? Lol

LOL no it wasn't the bold Gillster. He'd probably say it was closing this week, then next week, the not closing at all...

It doesn't make sense to me either, hopefully just misinformation or wires crossed somewhere.

well i have still got a old box that sky still think is connected and had no emails, post to say anything is changing, which you would have thought soemthing would have been said by now as theres alot of boxes still about.

Lawley, think that confirms it then if you have not heard a peep, and then they cut your service and thousands/millions of others, that would be hilarious lol

It has been stated on sky's own site that if you have a old SD box you are ok with movies sports ect

If on a old Thomson box (used for Cs)

all HD will go and to get HD you will need a new paired box

So as like me I have 2 sd boxes for the kids and a hd box for tv and all ok so far

But time will tell

Last time a friend call sky to fix 'wrong card in box' issue. Sky responded by saying they'll send a tech wt new box. Maybe, that'll be d way to go wt tons of guys wt SD boxes and Thompson.

looks like the sd channels are going now - cartoon network and boomerang have not changed frquency, its just the irish ones that are still working at the moment:binoculars:

Last edited:
looks like the sd channels are going now - cartoon network and boomerang have not changed frquency, its just the irish ones that are still working at the moment:binoculars:

My UK ones are still working??? ( Sure they changed frequency last week )

As has been stated in several threads closing access to sd would mean sky closing access to thousands of legitimate subscribers, I cannot see that happening personally.

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ----------

Think that was mentioned in a thread last week too

my 2 cents worth when those old boxes break they would only be replaced with hd boxes,in time i can see a move and bugger the little people.does it not cost them more to support old sd boxes and less if it where hd?

Back