Unrealistic expectations?!

So you lot would say the UHD labelled channels are not actually 4k?.

My telly does say and changes on these to show 3840*2160 HLG HDR or HDR depending on which one. and Definitely a massive difference on these

Other show 1080p 50fps.
UhHD is not 4k and most downgrade them to save on bandwidth. Keep on topic now guys this thread is not about TV resolution.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss a certain subject.

Hi guys, I'm new to IPTV. Found a provider through this forum - been using it for a few days. What are the general expectations when it comes to channels going down - should I be messaging provider and informing them - will they already know? What's standard practice - I don't want to be an annoyance but also have some expectation that things work majority of the time (I understand no IPTV will work 100%).

Hi guys, I'm new to IPTV. Found a provider through this forum - been using it for a few days. What are the general expectations when it comes to channels going down - should I be messaging provider and informing them - will they already know? What's standard practice - I don't want to be an annoyance but also have some expectation that things work majority of the time (I understand no IPTV will work 100%).
I think the general expectation from an end user is to have some sort of communication feed with its provider. Whether it be discord or telegram for example, they would usually have some way of reporting it. You can also directly message the seller and let them know. One of my providers is crystal clear about what is going with the service and encourages reports to keep its uptime as high as possible.

I think the general expectation from a provider is to have some sort of communication feed with its users. Whether it be discord or telegram for example, they would usually have some way of reporting it. You can also directly message the seller and let them know. One of my providers is crystal clear about what is going with the service and encourages reports to keep its uptime as high as possible.
Thanks for the clarification - apologies if this is in wrong thread. Is it normal for some channels to work OK and other constant buffer (assuming same bitrate) - I had a lot of issues with nearly every channel playing champions league yesterday however some random channels were completely fine. I went down the troubleshooting process to ensure it was not on my end by restarting hardware etc

Thanks for the clarification - apologies if this is in wrong thread. Is it normal for some channels to work OK and other constant buffer (assuming same bitrate) - I had a lot of issues with nearly every channel playing champions league yesterday however some random channels were completely fine. I went down the troubleshooting process to ensure it was not on my end by restarting hardware etc
Out of curiosity, does your supplier allow you to use a VPN and did you try enabling or disabling it when you were having issues with said channels.

Every service is different and there are multiple factors involved really. The best action to take would be to report it first and foremost. And if the provider then tells you that they are all working on his end then it’s time to trouble shoot your hardware. Of course if it’s the other way around and it’s been noticed that there’s a problem, the provider would likely try to resolve it as soon as possible. Personally I prefer to be in a group chat with other users of the same service so you can all confirm with each other if it really is down or if it’s an isolated issue.

It is also worth remembering that these people tend to operate by themselves and can’t dedicate every minute of their time to the service to resolve these issues, so I would give them some time to be able to take a look.

It’s normally your isp doing it or lots of people are watching tv at that time when champions leagues Is live kick off.

There are a few other issues which could come in to play on this... It could be the supplier of the streams to your provider that is having issues with those channels, or it could also be that all those channels are on a "dedicated sports server", and that single server is either overloaded or being hit by isp / champs league..

As mentioned, best being in a support group, where you can ask if others are having issues or not 👍🏻

Back