Using line on new box?

akhlaq768

Thinking to change box from the skybox f3 to the Zgemma boxes, there interface are more appealing... Wondering how can I use the existing line on the new box?

Thats no problem, you just need to either get a CCcam.cfg file from you line supplier if you want to use CCcam or get a Newcamd.list and mg_cfg file if you want to use Mgcam. If your line provider refuses to provide either file you can get a blank one off this forum and you can add your line details yourself or you may already have them. Then you just FTP the line file to your zgemma and it will work.

I've never known a line provider refuse to allow you to use the line on a different box, it should make no difference to them and if your line provider allows, you may be able to use the line on your F3 as well so you can run the F3 as a second box in a different part of your house. If your unsure email your line provider and ask them, explain your changing box and they should be ok.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the nline cline sorry for my ignorance.learning every day

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

If a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance
While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

Back