V8s half the channels scrambled. (Mystery) !

p0ppy123

Can any one offer advice.

I have two Multiroom V8s boxes with a multi-room Nline on ...Half of my channels are coming up scrambled , I have tried to contact the line provider which I bought from here, but to date I have had no response.

I have just requested a 24 hour test line from a new provider , but with this N line on , more than half my channels are still scrambled, but different channels than before with my old N-line ...so it cannot be a server issue.

I have updated my channel list and rescanned the channels, rebooted router etc ...but still have the same problem.

My firmware wont allow a network upgrade

Any ideas as this was working fine up to 2 weeks ago

Thanks

I have also just applied the latest network firmware and updated the channel list over the network ...but still the same :(

Wont be a server issue on two separate servers try a cline.
Also are you removimg old line before adding test line as they can conflict with each other.

I have found that some of the alternate channels do un-scramble within the 1400 range, so I can get most of the channels I want by going direct to them rather than use the official channel list ...but most of those that are selected via the channel list stay scrambled. :(

I thought this might point to a LNB issue but the channels have a strong signal and good SNR .

Its got me totally puzzled and I read in an earlier post someone else was having trouble with N-lines which work on other devices ...but not Openboxes.

It happens with just one box switched on and I only applied yesterdays test line to one box, with the other powered off.

Can you try a scan and then see if the scrambled channels work and you can create a new list from them

I have rescanned ...blind scan and accurate scan , but both the same , I have a work round fix using alternate channels , but can't find them for every channel that is missing.

I am going to put it on friends sat feed at weekend , to see if it works .

I suppose if it does work , its either down to my LNB or my ISP.

Similar issue here, got 2 boxes separate lines one box has Sly movies & box office scrambled, all other premium channels are fine.

Provider for the problem box says everything fine. Tried a factory reset,firmware upgrade, upgrade over network, blind scan as well updating to cwaites list pretty much everything lol.

Can't figure what the issue is.

I tried mine at a friends and it is exactly the same ...so it points to an Openbox fault.

However the weirdest of things is the same N-line on my second multiroom Openbox results in a different set of channels being scrambled , but it does get 90% of what I want ...so I'll stick with this one but after reading about issues I'm starting to think this might be some form of virus.

It may be a Fec problem, as most of the channels now have been moved over to the new satellite, Enigma2 boxes don't seem to be affected by it as they can handle the new fec setting, but Openbox and the older skybox may have compatibility issues.

Can you tell us some of the channels affected and I can try an old box here and see if it is the same.

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ----------

I have just tried an old skybox fs5, and all the sports channels clear fine so it may be something wrong with your box. if it was a Fec problem then mine would not work either.

Last edited:
It may be a Fec problem, as most of the channels now have been moved over to the new satellite, Enigma2 boxes don't seem to be affected by it as they can handle the new fec setting, but Openbox and the older skybox may have compatibility issues.

Can you tell us some of the channels affected and I can try an old box here and see if it is the same.

I have just tried an old skybox fs5, and all the sports channels clear fine so it may be something wrong with your box. if it was a Fec problem then mine would not work either.

Thanks for this Leader, is there any solution to this i can try other than purchasing another box?

Get scrambled on all sky cinema channels apart from select, horror & scrambled on box office, skysports 1.

Box office will not clear on anyones box. which firmware version have you got on the box

Last edited:
Back