V8s half the channels scrambled. (Mystery) !

The issue isn't consistent from box to box and doesn't make any sense ...the one thing I have noticed is that the channels that's don't unscramble don't come up with MGcamd message ...so it is almost like its not recognising the protocol on that channel ...but I cant understand how one box can decode it but another can't and out of the two I've got , its the one with the latest firmware is the one that is the most affected.

The issue isn't consistent from box to box and doesn't make any sense ...the one thing I have noticed is that the channels that's don't unscramble don't come up with MGcamd message ...so it is almost like its not recognising the protocol on that channel ...but I cant understand how one box can decode it but another can't and out of the two I've got , its the one with the latest firmware is the one that is the most affected.

Have you tried factory resetting the box wiping all channel list and connection, then add the channel list by network upgrade and then add your connection again. I'm hoping you have your line details to hand before resetting should you do so

Yep , tried the factory setting option and then deleting everything and putting it back in but still the same ...for instance SLy F1 not unscrambling but if I find an alt channel for it ...it does unscramble !!

I

It may well be the mgcamd on the box try the n line in the CCcam client setup. once in change the photocol to newcamd then add your details manually.

Well Leader your suggestion worked for boxoffice and Sky sports 1. Sky cinema still scrambled but an improvement none the less. Thanks.

I have the same problem on Openbox v8s not all channels are working they are scramled i have tried 5 different clines and they are all the same
My brain is scrambled with it lol
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im guessing Spliff1888 you've tried everything previously mentioned? Have you tried an N line to see if it makes a difference?

Im guessing Spliff1888 you've tried everything previously mentioned? Have you tried an N line to see if it makes a difference?

No I havnt tried an nline yet
Im flicking through the channels just now and some of the channels that are scrambled are giving me a picture for about 2 seconds then it sticks but if you change the channels up and down again it goes back to scrambled

Thanks for advice Leader:

If I try and add the config manually under the CCcam client

how do I enter the host it appears like this when I view it in notepad " CWS = *****.ddns.net" do I add the host in the same format of just put in *****.ddns.net

The port , user and password look straight fwd .

Thankyou

You will need to get your line details that your provider sent you. as the box info will not show it all.

your line will be set out something like N: servername.com 10111 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

0r CWS = servername.com 10111 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Host:- servername.com
Port:- 10111
User:- username
Password:- password
Des Key:- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I have entered it in manually and now seem to be just 2 channels down , so its a big improvement.

I'll try it on my second box tomorrow, which is mysteriously affected differently ...fingers crossed :)

Thanks for your help Leader.

A big thank you to everyone who has given support and advice you are a great bunch of people thank you so much

i would just like to say a big thanks to leader too
what he has suggested worked for me in bringing my channels back

heres what i did , hopefully if you follow the same could work for you

i read above that changing from mgcamd to nline on ccam could work
i deleted my mgcam and entered as newcamd on ccam
i was on the station that was scrambled at the time and when this booted up the channel seemed fine now on nline
i checked the channel up (this was also scrambled) and that seemed fine
i entered details again for mgcam and switched back and the two channels i had tried were both there
great i though but however when i tried another that was missing this unfortunately wasnt there
i repeated the process and this time checked all the channels as nline before reverting back

hay presto i now have all my missing channels back
would be great if others could try this to see if this is a solution for others or if it is a freak and just worked for me

thanks once again to leader for this info

yeah really easy
when you are in the section in ccam ready to input, when ccam is highlighted arrow right and it will change to newcamd and then just enter your details, delete the old one in mgcam then check all of your missing channels with newcam running

hope it works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Back