Vermin blocking HD channels for live sport?

Palm_Sunday

For the last week, during live football games either on Sly Sports or BeeTee Sports my HD channels are being pixelated out to an almost black screen.
My line supplier has told me there is apparently no problem on his end so I'm wondering is anyone else seeing a similar problem?
I think it must affect all channels on a particular transponder because during these live sport occasions channels such as Alibi HD are also affected in the same way. Most of the other HD channels are unaffected.
I've tried rescanning all my channels. Restarting my box (Xtrend 8500) but it makes no difference.
At the same time the SD versions of these channels are still working fine so I can watch events but not in HD.
Any ideas guys?

No, I haven't been recording, but I have twin tuners so even if I was it shouldn't be a problem.

---------- Post Merged at 07:23 PM ----------

Is this a typical symptom of over subscription?

There's a known issue with recording and watching another channel which will cause a black screen on the tuner that you are watching. What image are you using?

Just out of interest can you try recording BBC 2 HD and turn over to channel 4 HD.
Tell me what happens?

Maybe I'm not describing it well. The screen is entirely black and just occasional flashes of blocky light bits in small areas of the screen.

Bingo Dangerous, tried recording BBC2 and the blocking happened on C4. Is the known issue with the Vix image or something else?

Problem is with Vix and ATV
You need to swap to vix 4 1 016 its the only image that i know works at the moment as it contains older drivers than the current images

again i would be asking about how good your cable is and what splitter in use,simple things get over looked.

I have no issues recording one and watching another on cable, decent splitter and good cables. No issues

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm using some spare lengths of original VM cable and my splitter is the same brand that VM use (can't recall the brand at the moment but it the one that most people in here seem to recommend). I've had my box now for 6 weeks but this problem has only been happening for a week or so. This would tie in either the suggestion that it is image related as I upgraded to VIx 4 2 001 just before that.

How are you still getting HD channels in the first place? I was of the understanding that all paid HD channels were encrypted. Sly gone for over a year, bt about 6 months ago

Back