Vermin blocking HD channels for live sport?

I'm using some spare lengths of original VM cable and my splitter is the same brand that VM use (can't recall the brand at the moment but it the one that most people in here seem to recommend). I've had my box now for 6 weeks but this problem has only been happening for a week or so. This would tie in either the suggestion that it is image related as I upgraded to VIx 4 2 001 just before that.

That's your problem, you have upgraded!!
you need to down grade now lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

How are you still getting HD channels in the first place? I was of the understanding that all paid HD channels were encrypted. Sly gone for over a year, bt about 6 months ago

We are talking cable here, which is HD no one has mentioned Satellite

I have pretty much the same problem can get all channels but S Sport 1 HD on cable on V8Pro.
Supplier says line fine but box shows signal but is encrypted. Totally puzzled but if everyone else OK may be a tuner issue.

I have pretty much the same problem can get all channels but S Sport 1 HD on cable on V8Pro.
Supplier says line fine but box shows signal but is encrypted. Totally puzzled but if everyone else OK may be a tuner issue.

best way to check if tuner or signal issue is check the freq for that channel then check any other channel on that freq see if they clear or the same black screen or breakup.
plus run abm and update the channel list just incase.

Iv have replicated this issue now, what's the fix fie vix image? Roll back to 4.1 016

I record on tuner A, some channels, not all black screen with some hints of a picture but pixalaion squares

By the way I have a splitter at the internal box in house, 2 cables from splitter to router and box, then loop out from tuner a to b

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Iv have replicated this issue now, what's the fix fie vix image? Roll back to 4.1 016

How? I didn't think you had a xtrend 8500. It's this particular receiver that some of us have issues with, due to a faulty driver.

Last edited:
How do you mean how? I am experiencing the same problems with a miraclebox

Ok, running open vix latest?
Have you got both tuners configured the same, same net id etc?
The issue I found with the xtrend has been put down to a driver, which is hopefully being resloved. What you need to determine is that you have an issue with a driver and not in your set up.
I wonder if the tuners in your receiver are the same as the xtrends as that would explain the problem.
If you can flash the 4 1 016 image and let us know if that fixes it?
It would be case of then reporting it to the suppliers or your receiver.

Yeah running latest OpenViX, box only turned up this week so latest images installed. I didn't use a net ID for tuner config I just selected VM as the provider to scan and then used ABM. The tuners in the miraclebox are used in the GI LX3 and I have no issues with recording one and watching another on that but it is on 4.1 build 016 so I'll flash that on the MB and see how it goes.

The problem could be the vix image, but what's weird is the same problem is happening on open ATV as well. I had to go back to a very old image to get it stable with ATV which wasn't great in the end so put vix back on.

Very strange, Mutant HD2400 works as well but iv never had anything apart from 4.1 on those receivers. Just about to flash 016 so will let you know

I've got the mutant as well, it's Ben rock solid since I bought it over 12 months ago (I've run ATV on it for the last 9 months)

maybe same driver on all those images like vix open atv etc and would effect all boxes with that image version?

Haven't got time to flash 016 tonight I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Getting wrong for interrupting tv viewing ha ha

Back