Visual signal interference low power levels

Waz786

hello, guys finally setup my miraclebox enigma2 box follower the guides on here. Got the technetix 5-1000mhz splitter, got decent cables. From time to time i get a visual glitch like interference coming & going. Tried everything, wires, splitter. I logged into my vmsh3 router to check downstream and my power levels are reaching -7.5 i hear they have to be -6 to +10dbm. How can i resolve this issue? Would a signal booster help or not?

2 way splitter or more? the more you split the signal, the more power you lose.

How long are the cable runs? the longer the run, the more power you lose.

If you put the wire into SH3 only straight from the wall outlet then check signal levels again and they're still low - VM will need to look at your levels in the green cabinet really.

Hello, ste i've got 2 way splitter will need 3 as thinking of getting another box other room in future. I had longer cable but i shortned it so from white VM box inside it's less then a meter attached is a 2 way technetix splitter and canles are apptox 2-3 meter long running of splitter and going towards BB & miraclebox,

P.s ste just did what you recommended put a wire straight into SH3 and my highest downstream was -3.9. Again just split line via splitter to wire up box & router went to -7.5
Is their anything i can do do resolve this without contacting VM?

There's probably other, cheaper ones out there but these have been tried and tested by people on here who confirm they work.

Sorry, not tech savy so apologies if i come across like a novice. Would you just connect tv feed of splitter to this signal booster?

Wire from VM white box into splitter then wire direct from splitter into router then wire from splitter to powered splitter then from powered splitter to cable tv box.

Wire from VM white box into splitter then wire direct from splitter into router then wire from splitter to powered splitter then from powered splitter to cable tv box.

Doesn't make sense having the powered splitter connected after the feed goes through a 2 way unpowered splitter. The aim is to keep the signal as strong as possible.

Should be wire from VM white box to the powered splitter. This feeds to router and cable box.

No point having an extra splitter in there all it will do is reduce the signal strength.

Doesn't make sense having the powered splitter connected after the feed goes through a 2 way unpowered splitter. The aim is to keep the signal as strong as possible.

Should be wire from VM white box to the powered splitter. This feeds to router and cable box.

No point having an extra splitter in there all it will do is reduce the signal strength.

If you connect the powered splitter to the router feed, this will cause an issue with your internet speed as reported by people on here.

If you connect the powered splitter to the router feed, this will cause an issue with your internet speed as reported by people on here.

Not used Konig myself (maybe an attenuator would solve it), If using a HDU there should be no probs like this.

There should be no splitters after the powered splitter.
Use a powered splitter that will do the job correctly.

The way I said do it is put the normal splitter before the powered splitter but put a feed from the normal splitter directly into the router and not through the powered splitter then only put the dvb-c feeds through the powered splitter to amplify the db level.

The way I said do it is put the normal splitter before the powered splitter but put a feed from the normal splitter directly into the router and not through the powered splitter then only put the dvb-c feeds through the powered splitter to amplify the db level.

The problem he may have with that is, that you're then trying to boost an already degraded signal so it's highly possible he will still have problems depending on how strong/weak the actual signal is.
Yes it may work and he might get away with doing that but it's not the correct way to use one of these devices.

Back