Visual signal interference low power levels

Sorry guys won't let me upload pic to share how i've set it up via Hdu. Everytime i click on camera icon in message it uploads img from phone but no button to publish pic, just says add description, tags

Ok, could you post link. Need some with f connectors already fitted to ends plus would need a 15 meter length also 3x 1 meter length thanks.
Buy a roll of WF100 from a local screwfix.
Grab a compression tool from fleabay for £10
Make your own cables, at least you know 100 % that they are real cables ;-)

Crap cables mate, replace them with solid copper core

The cable he's linked to is decent and close to vm spec. Amphenol actually make the cable vm use themselves and even they don't use a solid copper core due to cost.
Changing the cable won't change a thing in this case.

The OP's problem has been sorted, he's asking why his wifi signal won't reach upstairs, this is nothing to do with the cabling he is using.
it's more to do with router positioning, wifi channel etc.

Funnily enough reason i got them cables the link i posted. As a few people said their closest to vm spec. Is their any difference between amphenol & wf100 cables? Alot have recommended the wf100 on various posts.

Funnily enough reason i got them cables the link i posted. As a few people said their closest to vm spec. Is their any difference between amphenol & wf100 cables? Alot have recommended the wf100 on various posts.

The reason wf100 is highly recommend is, because it's decent spec cabling which can be bought over the counter, whereas you won't generally find the Amphenol cable in places like maplin.
You won't see any benefit from changing cables mate.

The reason wf100 is highly recommend is, because it's decent spec cabling which can be bought over the counter, whereas you won't generally find the Amphenol cable in places like maplin.
You won't see any benefit from changing cables mate.
Cables can make all the difference

Crap cables mate, replace them with solid copper core
Same cables VM used to give actually.

That was until they changed to their non screw coaxials

mwZhdCJ.png

Virgin Cable

ptOenZx.png

Those ebay cables. (Identicle to the VM one)

That was directly into the wall with no splitters, power is a little higher possibly because the cable is shorter

Last edited:
Same cables VM used to give actually.

That was until they changed to their non screw coaxials

mwZhdCJ.png

Virgin Cable

ptOenZx.png

Those ebay cables. (Identicle to the VM one)

That was directly into the wall with no splitters, power is a little higher possibly because the cable is shorter

Is that your downstream levels? To be fair quite few people rate these cables you mentioned. Interesting topic of discussion though

Each to there own when choosing cables and splitters etc.
I base all my help given to forum members based on my personal experiences.
A cheap steel cable cladded in copper is not something I would use or would recommend.
The cost of buying a decent quality solid core cable is not expensive.
Why use cheap products that may or may not cause your issues?
Ask any professional installer about cable quality, i'm sure he would stay clear of cladded steel cable especially when connecting up cable services.

Is that your downstream levels? To be fair quite few people rate these cables you mentioned. Interesting topic of discussion though
Yep, that's without any splitters. Kinda on the high side, but still within limits. Splitting it into 2 gives it a more fair 0 to 2 dBmV, pretty much perfect level.

Each to there own when choosing cables and splitters etc.
I base all my help given to forum members based on my personal experiences.
A cheap steel cable cladded in copper is not something I would use or would recommend.
The cost of buying a decent quality solid core cable is not expensive.
Why use cheap products that may or may not cause your issues?
Ask any professional installer about cable quality, i'm sure he would stay clear of cladded steel cable especially when connecting up cable services.

lol

Back