Vix 3.2.005 fast version. skyskin. zgemmz 2s, (fine on S, H1, H2)

Hi just updated to this build and can't get rid of the subtitles have tried auto language settings and subtitle button etc but nothing seems to work please help someone !!

hi I have just flashed with this image and now as soon as the flash is done it says tune failed and I have no channels?!?! please help!

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 PM ----------

just to add I am using just cable not sat

Hi, tried this on 2 tv's and some of the setting pages and mainly the EPG the edge is missing from the left hand side. Do you need to change the tv output mode on the box or tv? Also the HD output is set to 720 for the HD channels like BBC. Just wondering why be default its not 1080?

Thanks

For the screen been out menu / setup / system / User interface / position setup*

He'll have set it to 720 for people that don't have a 180 TV just change it to what you want

---------- Post Merged on 18-10-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

Also you would be best of using one of his latest backups this is a fast version but epg is set to internal flash as said in guide

i dont use the image set up with epg to internal as ive always been told it will shorten the life of the box. by how much i dont know.

For the screen been out menu / setup / system / User interface / position setup*

He'll have set it to 720 for people that don't have a 180 TV just change it to what you want

Thanks. I was thinking if it was set on the image to 1080 and your TV only had 720 it wouldn't have caused any issues as would only output what your TV would handle.

---------- Post Merged on 18-10-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

Also you would be best of using one of his latest backups this is a fast version but epg is set to internal flash as said in guide

i dont use the image set up with epg to internal as ive always been told it will shorten the life of the box. by how much i dont know.

I think that could be a myth about the internal flash. I work in IT and can't see it being a problem. Although i am know expert with zgemma boxes its a failry low risk as the boxes aren't dear (£65) and if it lasted 2 years, then thats okay, as there will be new gadgets out by then that will be leading the way. Has anyone got any examples/evidence of the internal flash breaking boxes?

I'm not sure but even the high end boxes vu plus it's recommend and there over £300
Plus also said in guide

it is a little quicker alright but i still wont be using. even vix themselves warn of epg to internal*

You could keep using it but keep an eye on the internal memory I have mine in hard drive but my internal flash only has 34.92% free but it does have kodi and ts media on

As for resolution you would get a blank screen when others have mentioned using a backup with 1080p

Last edited:
Just downloaded and installed on my bedroom box, works a treat, it was just what i was looking for (i've set EPG to Media/HDD) added cache flush now leaving it to do its thing :cheers::cheers:
Many thanks for all your hard work sucmnsee

Just changed to this from other "full" VIX image and the picture seems to be overscanning - menus/epg slightly off screen at edges. Tried all the A/V settings - didn't have this problem with full image. Any ideas how to fix so I can give this fast image a try?

Thanks Viper72 - fixed it! Strange that I had to make some big changes to the settings to get central OSD, not had this problem with other images.

Now - if you could just wave your magic wand again and improve IR Remote reception that would be great! Seems that the IR sensor is set quite far back in middle of receiver so you really need to point remote control directly at the box.

Last edited:
Now - if you could just wave your magic wand again and improve IR Remote reception that would be great! Seems that the IR sensor is set quite far back in middle of receiver so you really need to point remote control directly at the box.[/QUOTE said:
I find with these type of boxes, that the remote will not respond properly for a few minutes,just after you turn on the tv that is attatched to it,but after a few minutes it reponds very well!!!
weird i know, but true

Does anyone no how to put a test server on zegemma h1 without turning the one on I've got please.

Do you mean a test line?

If so, and you want to disable your current one, just FTP to /etc/keys and rename the CCCam.cfg file to something like CCCam.old and drop the new one into the same location. After testing, just delete the CCCam.cfg file and rename .old back to .cfg on your previous one.

HTH

Back