VM Coax Cable

Which f connectors are people using didn't know whether to use compression fittings?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Spitting hairs now buddy, all satellite or TV cable will be called coax

There's obviously different names and reference of cable which is usually called "coaxial"

VM typically use RG6 coax cable (or RG59 in some cases). Huge difference between that and the stuff used by Sky for satellite installs if you've ever handled both together.

Think of Unleaded and Super Unleaded - both are types of petrol but that doesn't make them the same thing.

VM typically use RG6 coax cable (or RG59 in some cases). Huge difference between that and the stuff used by Sky for satellite installs if you've ever handled both together.

Think of Unleaded and Super Unleaded - both are types of petrol but that doesn't make them the same thing.

That's a good answer thank you

I ordered my H2H box i am going to be installing your build in the next few days Biohead

Also ordered some Webro WF100 cable and some connectors,

all my cables are from 2014 and they were not WF100 cables that VM installed either i think they were RG6

time for a complete refresh:(y):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030E0I00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W262PE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And thanks for all your thoughts guys.

Last edited:
Sorry to hi-jack your thread..I recently ordered some Webro WF100 cable from an ebay seller and I am not sure if the cable that I received is Webro WF100? When I purchased this type of cable previously it was stamped with "WEBRO WF100", this latest purchase does no have this stamp mark. How can you tell if the cable is WF100? Photo attached of the cable that I just received.
cable.jpg

splice the end:

WF100 cable consists of; a 1.00mm solid plain copper conductor, foam polyethylene dielectric, copper foil tape, plain copper wire braid and a PVC sheath

Thanks,
All specification appear to match is this the correct type of foam polythene dielectric? Webro informed me that the cable is not genuine Webro WF100 but manufactured by another company called Cables Britain ltd. Any idea if this would make a difference in performance compared to the genuine WF100?
cablecore.jpg

No performance troubles. Just about to setup a H2H and I was told to use WF100, worried in case I had purchased the wrong type cable..

Back