VPN Assistance

gillettos

Hi,

I have a PIA VPN paid account and want to align this to my zgemma h5.2tc but really struggling.

Anybody done this that could advise please??

It's usually done at your router. Buy a recognised brand that supports Tomato, DD-WRT, Asuswrt-merlin, flash the firmware and load in your VPN details.

I think there is open VPN in the open ATV image. Not sure if many folk on this forum use a VPN direct onto a receiver.

Hopefully someone will shoot me down [emoji23]

Thanks, I think I've tried setting up in my router as this would be ideal, however I've failed doing this also, I have a virgin media Super Hub 2.

The open VPN facility also fails when I launch within the zgemma.

Seem to remember I've put the router into Modem mode, but this caused major problems, can't remember what quite happened though.....

Seem to remember I've put the router into Modem mode, but this caused major problems, can't remember what quite happened though.....
Once the super hub is in modem mode you need to connect up a router to the modem.

The router then gives you access to the internet wired and wireless, and obviously you can configure your VPN within the router.

Any recommendations for a decent router then for this with the super hub. Am thinking of leaving Virgin due to internet issues anyway, maybe talk talk......?

I've ditched VM for that reason.
VM is oversold in many parts of the country, there still advertising on the TV when the networks grind to a Holt, they shouldn't be allowed to do it.
Try the broad band quality monitoring tool from thinkbroadband
It will show you have crap VM really are.

Do some research for a stable service provider. In your area, Look at Talk talk, BT etc.
If you get anything fitted and it's rubbish, get rid before your cooling off period ends.

That is a beast!!! Hence the price, what model would be efficient just for household media streaming and general internet / downloading?? Cheers :0)

I've ditched VM for that reason.
VM is oversold in many parts of the country, there still advertising on the TV when the networks grind to a Holt, they shouldn't be allowed to do it.
Try the broad band quality monitoring tool from thinkbroadband
It will show you have crap VM really are.

Do some research for a stable service provider. In your area, Look at Talk talk, BT etc.
If you get anything fitted and it's rubbish, get rid before your cooling off period ends.

nice one mate cheers :0)

That is a beast!!! Hence the price, what model would be efficient just for household media streaming and general internet / downloading?? Cheers :0)
Lol [emoji23]

I found that using a smaller size router restricted my speed.

For example a Asus ac66u my speed was restricted to 11mb

With the "beast " it's at 56mb at peak time.

With all VPN's you will lose speed regardless of what they say in there advertising material.

All depends on what your doing and putting through the VPN as you don't have to put everything through it.

You might find your ok with a cheaper router, but I would always buy the best you can afford.

I love my beast, don't regret buying what so ever. [emoji3]

VPN for basically d/l and streaming along with my zGemma box.

I'm subscribed to PIA so dont know how much they slow things down, just looking at stability, Am i right in assuming the only way to re-search this is through physically trying it??

VPN for basically d/l and streaming along with my zGemma box.

I'm subscribed to PIA so dont know how much they slow things down, just looking at stability, Am i right in assuming the only way to re-search this is through physically trying it??
See what info is on the website thinkbroadband.com

I'd be looking at fibre broadband through phone lines traditional. I'm sure you should get something around 75mb which is plenty.

I wouldn't use VM if it was a £1 in my area, it's very heavily conjested.

Hi,

I have a PIA VPN paid account and want to align this to my zgemma h5.2tc but really struggling.

Anybody done this that could advise please??
Hi mate,

I also use PIA on my laptop but couldn't find info how to set it up on my zgemma H2H. Saw an ad for lifetime sub for VPN Unlimited here: https://deals.makeuseof.com/sales/infinity-vpn, at about £44 and they sent me the files i needed to put on my box. I just had to do 1 adjustment to a text file with my username and password for the VPN. I now have VPN running permanently on my box and don't need to think about it anymore or buy additional routers. I don't have any issues with my line glitching either. If i can help any more, PM me.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I also use PIA on my laptop but couldn't find info how to set it up on my zgemma H2H. Saw an ad for lifetime sub for VPN Unlimited here: https://deals.makeuseof.com/sales/infinity-vpn, at about £44 and they sent me the files i needed to put on my box. I just had to do 1 adjustment to a text file with my username and password for the VPN. I now have VPN running permanently on my box and don't need to think about it anymore or buy additional routers. I don't have any issues with my line glitching either. If i can help any more, PM me.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brill,

Cheers Pal, I'll have a look next week as going away this weekend, Cheers :0)

Back