Vu+ solo 2 help newbie

wxltd

Hi Guys,

I need a little help with my new set up please. I have managed to use multiple threads to configure the box and for the most part it seems ok. Just a few things I am struggling with.

Vu+ solo 2 vix cccam 2.3

1. No plugins when I press menu - plugins - downloads. Is says downloading please wait then it's just blank. Any ideas??

2. It seems that I am using an nline in the CCcam.cfg folder located in etc folder. Does this cause freezing as I seem to get freezing on certain channels and I've tried a few test lines, is this just how it works and there will always be freezing or do I need to install the line another way. Ive seen threads on changing n to cws but then others say it makes no difference.

3. is there a way to show channel numbers as I find certain channels but only through searching all channel's. I can't see number to just type in.

Thanks guys

1. Make sure your internet is connected properly for the plugins downloads. Do a test in network settings.

2. Some servers freeze, but it could also be because of the way you are putting the line in. N lines work better with mgcamd, try installing that when your downloads are working.

3. In your autobouqets settings for your channel lists there is an option that says 'show channel number'

Thanks for your response,

1. Test - Green ticks on all so still not sure why plugins is blank when searching

2. Done but done manually

3. Done

So now im down to 1 last problem the plugins, do i need to manually install via file transfer from pc??? I am trying to get some form of on demand tv service like xbmc or similar to avoid downloading.

you need to download tsmedia for the on demand stuff, and for that you need to download plugins lol

are you connected by powerline adapters by any chance? i have seen before that it will still show a connection but there will be no internet

Haha oh god, no im wired to router. When download EPG and Bouquet i ca nsee it downloads like 15mb in a few seconds.

Any other ideas :)

Try doing a factory reset (not flashing new image) just go to settings, system and it should be around there., after reboot try plugins again

Ok so factory reset done and still no luck. I have notices in one if the menus where is has open vpn option(sorry in bed now can't remember menu name) that anything I attempt to enter says something like checking feeds, then lines are down for maintenance. Could this have something to do with it??

Hi, when you press menu do you have the option TSmedia ? If so open it and go to select tools then files library thats how I add mine on my solo2, hope that helps

Nope nothing when I press menu, I believe I need to get the plugins to see that but the plugins page is blank when I try to download plugins. Completely stuck.

I have 5 preset ones, err cross e.g download firmware update media scanner or picture viewer along those lines. Then when I press green to download, it says please wait downloading. Then a blank screen.

Mines does the same, I download the plugins from tsmedia, tools then files library and all the addons are there

So is there a way to manually install to media tools via filezilla?? The Mrs keeps asking where the on demand stuff is hahhahha

its like it is an old image used =feeds down ,is box a clone using old image? feed status is green which says plugin feeds work on wos.

multiple threads may get one mixed up with new images with new vix images as the softcams are downloaded by download plugins and as you are using a nline would need mg-cam1.38 downloaded.there is also a mg.cfg maybe in downloads? which you will need also and both ftp to box via filezilla and edit for line and save.

post what image is on box should be in the menu-system info button.

tell the mrs your hands are booked out for a week lol

Yes, you have to download the tsmedia IPK file, BBC iPlayer doesnt work, best bet for ondemand is a NOWTV box from sly for 9.99.

OK thanks for that info, time to research. I am downloading that file now. Ill give an update in a few mins

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 AM ----------

What version of tsmedia are you running mate and are you on VIX??

OK installed, now im getting error addon error no returned data, any ideas??? im just searching the net for a solution now.

Thanks for your help with all of this btw.

Back