1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Vu + zero

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by thecrazybandit, Jan 7, 2019.

1. thecrazybandit

thecrazybandit Registered

Male
    I am looking for a second satellite box to use in a bedroom i use a Solo 2 as a main box so the vu + zero looked good but is this a old box now i do not need 4k or iptv any help would be great

2. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Zero is newer than my solo2,no internal hdd room but can run an external one.

3. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

In that situation I would mount the solo hdd as a network drive on Zero. no need for 2nd hdd (maybe small usb for epg etc) then you can watch recordings etc on either box

4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

My zero has a 2tb externaly powered hdd toshiba desktop.solo2 has 1tb internal,if other hdd gets filled up i can move stuff to the zero.Think my nas is 87% full.

5. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

blimey you like recording, I have a 1TB hdd and only used about 130gb

6. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

The only box that has no hdd is a tm nano but setup for client mode from solo2,i love recording as et 8000 and et10000 both have 1 tb and on multisat and plenty to record.Looking at Hans solo now.

7. thecrazybandit

Male
    What about Wi Fi i do not have a Ethernet connection can you buy good wifi adapters to use and are they plug and play also does the Zero come with a uk plug adaptor the best price i have found is £99.00 Delivered

8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Vu ero is an old box now so i would look at something newer,I used to supply them about 3/4 years ago to customers.

9. thecrazybandit

Male
    what would you suggest

10. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Technomate TM-5402 HD M3 MK3 Super+ CI superb spec and only £84

thecrazybandit likes this.
  11. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Technomate TM-5402 HD M3 MK3 Super+ CI

ONLY £84!

This is the latest model from Technomate! The No.1 Rated Satellite receiver by What Satellite Magazine is now coming with HD. The TM-5402HD M3 Mk3 has arrived!

Boasts some fantastic new features such ETHERNET PORT, record three channels to external optional hard-drive and watch another channel from the same transponder, HD USB PVR Ready One Card Slot one CI Slot, multicrypt card reader so will read VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX and much more!