What is a 'traditional' English Breakfast ?

Cheese on toast with salad cream or another favourite is chesse on toast with fried tomatoes on top Where's basejumper he's gone quiet pmsl

A fish and chip proprietor can legally state 'fish and chips' for sale on his sign and sell Pangasius (Panga), pollock, mackerel, whiting or more commonly Saithe which is known as Coalfish, Coley or Shitties on the I.O.M (because they shoal around the sewer pipe there), or any other edible fish - and a lot do. He could accompany them with French fries, fried in coconut oil but cannot use the term traditional.

OK, fruit is NOT any part of a breakfast fry whatsoever,!
NEVER.!!!
beans have no part in a fry either,
If its not fried it has no part in a fry up,!
That's simply a fact.
Sausages (beef) , vegetable roll (Antrim steak) , soda bread (white, not wheaten) , fadge (potato bread) , bacon, fried egg, fried bread, fried potato (optional)
All fried, and topped off with either butter or brown sauce.

OK, fruit is NOT any part of a breakfast fry whatsoever,!
NEVER.!!!
beans have no part in a fry either,
If its not fried it has no part in a fry up,!
That's simply a fact.
Sausages (beef) , vegetable roll (Antrim steak) , soda bread (white, not wheaten) , fadge (potato bread) , bacon, fried egg, fried bread, fried potato (optional)
All fried, and topped off with either butter or brown sauce.
A Scottish fry up:
Meat pie
Mars bar
Pizza slice
Curly Wurly
A full chicken
All battered and deep fried

Fry up means any food that has been fried.
Nothing to do with breakfast.
I've never had fried bacon or fried sausages for decades, better grilled.
Fry eggs on English brekky, everything else is heated in a pan like tomatoes and beans and toast done in toaster or at a push, a blowtorch

A Scottish fry up:
Meat pie
Mars bar
Pizza slice
Curly Wurly
A full chicken
All battered and deep fried

Fry up means any food that has been fried.
Nothing to do with breakfast.
I've never had fried bacon or fried sausages for decades, better grilled.
Fry eggs on English brekky, everything else is heated in a pan like tomatoes and beans and toast done in toaster or at a push, a blowtorch
My point, if its not fried, its not part of a fry up, I've sent frys back cos its obviously not been fried,

My point, if its not fried, its not part of a fry up, I've sent frys back cos its obviously not been fried,
Exactly.
A fry up is not an English breakfast
It's a misnomer, most cafes and greasy spoons selling English breakfasts don't fry most of the ingredients, grilled bacon and sausages, fried eggs and the rest is normally microwaved or boiled in a pot

Back