What is a 'traditional' English Breakfast ?

No normally ipa punk but I’m bowling with the kids and missus for me birthday so behaving with the Stella ipa punk when I’m home as 4 of them will finish me off traditionally

Traditional English Breakfast
Hot buttered toast is not fried so also spurious :unsure:
Toast with butter is different to Fried Bread, a 'Traditional full english breakfast' includes fried bread and not Toast, Toast is an additilon which many cafes give instead of Fried Bread.

A traditional full english breakfast is fried, hence the tern 'fry up', but most places now grill the sausages and bacon etc which is sacrolidge but still sold as a Traditional Full English.

Tradition is different to different people, what is a tradition to you could be different to someone else, ie a Traditional xmas to some is just having a drink or two, a good meal and then swapping gifts, to others it includes getting new PJ's on xmas eve or going to the pub before dinner on xmas day. All Traditional Xmas's but different to each.

To me a Traditional Full English includes baked beans because they have always been part of it for as long as I remember, to someone older than me that may not be the case.

Toast with butter is different to Fried Bread, a 'Traditional full english breakfast' includes fried bread and not Toast, Toast is an additilon which many cafes give instead of Fried Bread.

A traditional full english breakfast is fried, hence the tern 'fry up', but most places now grill the sausages and bacon etc which is sacrolidge but still sold as a Traditional Full English.

Tradition is different to different people, what is a tradition to you could be different to someone else, ie a Traditional xmas to some is just having a drink or two, a good meal and then swapping gifts, to others it includes getting new PJ's on xmas eve or going to the pub before dinner on xmas day. All Traditional Xmas's but different to each.

To me a Traditional Full English includes baked beans because they have always been part of it for as long as I remember, to someone older than me that may not be the case.

We should be lead by what synonyms are attached to the word - that is what they are there for. Whereas what you are describing is customary: The synonyms of which is the customs or usual practices associated with a particular society, place, or set of circumstances.

So a Customary xmas to some is just having a drink or two, a good meal and then swapping gifts, to others it includes getting new PJ's on xmas eve or going to the pub before dinner on xmas day. All Customary Xmas's but different to each.

That's irrelevant LMAO!
We have thousands of pubs and restaurants selling Sunday Roast every week, yet the gravy, peas, cauliflower and mash aren't roasted

We should be lead by what synonyms are attached to the word - that is what they are there for. Whereas what you are describing is customary: The synonyms of which is the customs or usual practices associated with a particular society, place, or set of circumstances.

So a Customary xmas to some is just having a drink or two, a good meal and then swapping gifts, to others it includes getting new PJ's on xmas eve or going to the pub before dinner on xmas day. All Customary Xmas's but different to each.
But it's also Traditional to them.

Traditional:
existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established.

Similar:
conventional - customary - established -long-established - accepted

The word customary derives from the word customer i.e a single person. So you could say it is customary for me to go bowling every Sunday wheres's it is not traditional.

Never known so much diversity over food
giphy.gif

There is something mysterious about beans on toast.
I often put it off as I don't fancy it and don't have it for weeks, then as soon as I've had it, I think to myself, 'that is the food of the gods., why don't I have it more often?'

Spot on mate

When don't feel like anything always hAve beans and toast.

Like my bread crispy as can't have better taste than that.

I often put it off as I don't fancy it and don't have it for weeks, then as soon as I've had it, I think to myself, 'that is the food of the gods., why don't I have it more often?'

i do the same with tomato sauce

Get some Worcester sauce and cheese on that bad boy and it’s definitely from the heavens.

Back