which box

hi yes it is from a guy in leicester he is advertised on ebay.i looked in wizardsatellites and they only send them as a fta box flashing it myself was the concern as i have never done this before and didnt want to mess it up and end up with something i cannot use

Last edited by a moderator:
You wont mess it up spike.

When you get the box we`ll talk you through it mate. Only takes a few mins & is very easy to do.
You dont want to be stuck with a clone off flebay.
I`d reccomend you buy from a reputable dealer like wizard, just to be on the safe side ;)

yes i agree i think i will do that and have a good read through the thread to flahing it also what hdd would you recommend to use with it,can you play the recorded programme through my tv or does it have to go through the pc thanks sorry can you also provide a link on flashing the sv4 so i can have a read had a look here but carnt seem to find it

Last edited:
Western digital Passport would probably be the best to use with the SV4

>>> http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/my-p...tag=uk_16067&gclid=CIDaoNvdvpsCFY4U4wodMkPQEA

But an 8GB stick will do the job also

philips.jpg

I use an 8 GB.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Starview 4 guides

http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=51

http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=240

Last edited:
thanks for that i pressume the first link is for updating and the second for flashing will i just need to flash when i get my box the first thread seems very easy thanks

Both are for flashing, they are just two sererate tutorials ;)

When you get the box and if you`ve any problems, come back here & we`ll get you sorted.

hi noelyf box is ordered should be here in the next day or two,i have brought a usb memory stick as box does not come with one,as the usb is new do i have to formatt it before i put the bin file onto it thanks

You might`nt have to spike,
But If you need to format it you can do so when the when the box arrives.

hi noelyf my box came,i have run the digital cable through to where i want the box,i have connected a scart cable from back of box to (av2) on the back of my tv.i also have (rgb)scart on back of tv as well let me know if i have put it in the right one.i have not put any other wires in yet as not to sure,i have not turned on the box or anything to make sure it is ok didnt want to mess anything up can you please advise me on what to do thanks

ok need help now,i have installed the bin file and selected my provider which is ntl it rebooted and i chose the language ie english and it takes me to manual scan in it is (dowm frequency at 826.250 mhz)then (symbol rate 6887 i think some how i deleted in the manual it shows 6951)then constellation 64QAM)then(network scan-disable)if i press ok it scans but no channels and then back to the above mentioned screen please help

I`m only here for a min spike ;)

Do a factory reset.

Make sure the coaxial cable is in cable input at the back of the box & the scart is in the TV slot also.

Menu > factory setting
pin > 0000
ok to delete
TURN THE BOX OFF AT THE BACK FOR ONE MIN THEN TURN BACK ON

English > installation
choose provider
auto scan
press ok
channels found
Exit
Menu > 1570
Set Default key > ok
Turn keycode on, exit to channels & you should be sorted.

Back