Why do we need channel lists.

Hello,

I am new to this and am just wondering, why do we need things like AJ's channel list.

Does a scan on the box not collate the channels?

What am I missing,

Thanks.

You will get all the channels if you scan the sat, but as you
suggested they are not sorted into groups.

Look at the "ALL" group in your channel list. That's what you would have.

...Look at the "ALL" group in your channel list. That's what you would have.

It would be worse than that if doing a scan from scratch, or if you deleted your channel list first, as you would get lots of duplicate channel 4's, ITV's etc, for the different regions, and the channel list would simply be ordered in the order that the transponders are scanned in. So the channels wont be in any kind of category order.

If you do a scan while you already have a channel list installed, it will just put any new channels it finds at the end of the list, keeping the current list intact.

hi ive tried different methods so far with this to various degrees of success {i am a noob} i have a openbox v5s with gift package ,i installed ajs list and my extra channels stopped working so then deleted all channels done a blind scan reinstalled the ccline now only some channels work
and i have no favourites WHAT AM I DOING WRONG any replys would be gratefully received before i stamp on it and throw it out the window cheers

We need more info.

Have you got FTA channels like BBC,ITV etc. ?

Have you got any $ channels at all ?

Are you getting a "no signal" message on the non working channels
as opposed to "scrambled" if so the channel list you have loaded is probably
out of date.

If it is "scrambled" it will likely be down to your C line or internet connection.

on the v8s you can update channels manually on the network local setting i dont know if the box you have could but heres the info go to menu go to network local setting choose upgrade by network press ok scroll to tp prog choosetp prog uk press ok whait for download when its done it will reboot itsself and all your channel should be updated in your channel list good luck

Back