Wii 4.1E

roysrolls

Hello could you please help me I need to softmode my sons Wii version 4.1 E I dont have a Wii myself so not sure how it works ,but I would like to try and softmode my sons Wii with help from you guys if possible hope you will help cheers take care .

Check the stickies, there is a guide by "wheelo" who is a wii guru IMO.

If you get stuck give him a holler.

But, my advise would be to read all the previous threads/posts and you will find all your answers. The topic has been covered before and many solutions are available. Do a search and it will bring all the relevant threads to your query.

hi the bit i dont get is how do the Wii connect to the Internet there are more I dont get but this is the first one cheers

hi the bit i dont get is how do the Wii connect to the Internet there are more I dont get but this is the first one cheers

Under Wii system menu there should be an option to connect to internet, under tab 4. Cant remember properly as I'm not currently by the Wii. But its definitley there in the options menu..

Hi thanks for your reply sorry for not understanding but I dont want to break his Wii by not knowing what to do ,does the Wii get connected by a cable or in the menu sorry again hope you can help cheers

Hey roy, there is an even easier Tutorial on it's way if you can wait till maybe the end of the week. the wii connects wirelessly to the internet if you have a wireless modem, just click the wii on the bottom left of the screen, then click Wii settings, then click the arrow on the right of the page to get the next page, then click internet, then connection settingsthen click connectiion 1,then wireless connection, then "search for an access point, it will then search for the modem, click it then enter the password if you have one, then click ok, then click to save these settings, and bingo, you are connected.

This sounds like a lot of work, but if you follow the steps one by one, you will be fine, the current tutorial that is the easiest is THIS ONE >>>>>>http://www.techkings.org/nintendo-wii/18761-4-2-below-softmodding-less-conflict-version.html , but if You can wait till the end of the week, I will have an easier one with all the latest updates to play all the most modern games.

thats fantastic being I know nothing about a Wii and I want to help my son softmode his Wii I am in your hands if you could help me the easiest way ill be most greatfull hope you will cheers mate take care

No problem Roy, in the meantime, try to get it online, it will make things so much easier, use the instructions above. any problems just post back here.

Just in passing, where are you based??

Hello wheelo mate thanks for your help I softmoded a Wii for my brother on here about a year ago it was for Wii that are on firmware lower than 4.2 , but I have really forgotten what to do ,I have printed the Instructions out that I used and have them ready but dont have the updated files by anuvus387 dont know if he is still on here ,and I dont have the Wii at home at the moment to be honest I am a bit scared to try the Wii online dont know if I can get it online ,all I am trying to do is help my son out I dont have a Wii and never played a Wii in my life ,I am really dreading doing this Wii softmode the sooner its over the better LOL,I need all the help I can get cheers mate take care .

There is nothing to be scared of Roy, nothing can go wrong at this stage,
Q.1. do you have a wireless modem?

if so, just connect the wii to it as above, it is self explanatory when you have the Wii turned on and you are looking at the screens.

Q.2. where in the world are you?

Thanks again wheelo mate and yes I have super hub with cable ,but dont have the Wii as yet I am just asking questions to see if I am able to do it before I do it ,and I am over here in Wales sorry about the world cup I love the Irish, hope you will stick with me untill the Wii is sorted thanks again take care .

You will be able to do it as long as you can follow instructions, but there is no point in anything until you actually have the Wii on site, when you do, Holler (y)

Hi wheelo mate thanks again I will get my son to bring it down for me ,will the wii play all discs then when its done I mean ,thanks again take care best regards .

thanks will I need a SD card to do the softmode I got a couple cheers take care.

:)

Its good you have a couple, be sure that its a SD card and not a SDHC as they are not compatible with the Wii. You'll be needing this type for softmodding the Wii..

I've found that the SDHC is compatible with 3rd party applications/loaders but not with the Wii interface itself.

How are you Roy,good to see you back on and trying another,the wii will play discs if it does'nt have the d3-2 drive installed,these were introduced last quarter 2009,Usb loading is still the best and will give the wii a longer life

Thanks Guys if you could give me the best and easiest way to do it will be great ,I have done one before about a year ago and that worked fine cheers guys take care .

Back