System
Storage devices
Initialisation (select ur usb/hdd)
Initialise with red button

---------- Post Merged at 12:53 PM ----------

ive done a low level format and then reformatted to fat32 still fails

---------- Post Merged at 12:56 PM ----------

keep getting "warning, had trouble writing out superblocks"

You don't normally need to initialise pen drives, just USB Hdd's.

I assume you are talking about a pen drive ?

Put the pen in the box, reboot the box, then see if you get the option to save the
EPG to it.

it was brought off ebay but a uk seller, so could be Chinese one lol. I have 3 and the only one that flashed was the 1 gig one

Ha I had similar issues - drove me insane! My first box was a cloud ibox 2 - it was said that they didn't like big USB sticks...You try getting a decent 256 / 512 mb stick nowadays haha

Any stick up to 32gb can be used to flash (because of fat32 restriction no larger).
Ibox and zgemma Boxs can/will corrupt the MBR on usb when flashing. (Not always)
Hddguru low level FULL format then windows FULL format will repair (cruzer sometimes unfixable).
As these boxs need swapfile, initialisation is necessary (to do right).
In both formats to repair usb a tickbox must be unticked in both instances.
Drive can't have partition.

Id try format on pc.
Then box off.
Insert USB.
Box on
Try initialisation again. If fails get new USB/HDD

Last edited:
it failed on superblock again BUT I now have the option to save my epg to it

---------- Post Merged at 06:55 PM ----------

just weint to vix mount manager
Failed saying you've encounted as software problem and need to restart

If u can grab another USB for a fiver to test its not an image problem i would but sounds like dodgy usb

my new usb turned up this morning and flow through.

how can I get the Irish sports back like satanta and bein sport which I had on my openbox

If box does just GUI restart u have to manually restart cam or properly restart box again.
So anytime box updates or crashs will be same.

Sorry to thread hijack but am I able to just use a sly gift from anywhere as long as I choose sly ROI as provider il get my irish stations.

im just re formating my usb stick fat32 im not doing a quick format tho also do i put the whole zgemma file in cause when i click on it it goes to a sh1 file and when i click on that there are 5 file inside
does any1 have a file to install that has everything onit ready to go and all you need to do is buy a gift card CAN ANYONE HELP ME.....

Back