WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the skin to the deafault Metrix skin and test the direction button then. There is a fix to the crashing when pressing the button for other skins. What skin are you using?
Using the skyq skin which looks great by the way. Yes metrix works can ffw and rw. Thanks

Whats the fix for the other skins mate?
Download this file http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/4urQ0hWc/file.html and FTP it to either of the two below locations (or both depending on what skin your using) For an example of FTP please see the installation of XC plugin below.

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/NAMEOFTHESKINYOUAREUSING/SelectBars/
/usr/share/enigma2/
NAMEOFTHESKINYOUAREUSING/SelectBars/

See: http://www.techkings.org/threads/xe-catchup-pause-fast-forward-rewind.137842/#post-849729

Hi, I am currently chaging my image from ipab to wooshbuild infinity. I am using putty to put the following command on to the box: opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk. i went through steps of wooshbuild set up (initialise hard drive etc) and all is going well until it asks me to choose a skin. I have tried four different skins but each time I pick one I get a blue screen saying software error and box reboots. Very frustrating! Any suggestions/advice? I am using an edision os mini. Box has been working great since I got it so don't think it's a box issue. Cheers.

Hi guys, hope this in the right place, I’m on WB infinity. Up until yesterday my IPTV gave me the different categories. Now everything has went into VOD. is it WB or my provider? I’ve emailed them last night and they reported back saying it was strange as nothing had changed their side. Any clues?

Excuse my ignorance but does that just involve downloading that link and copying it straight on to usb before putting usb in back of box?
yes, download the zip file from that link, unzip it, put it on a formatted usb and flash as normal
when it gets to the bit about screen resolution, follow the infinity installation instructions

Excuse my ignorance but does that just involve downloading that link and copying it straight on to usb before putting usb in back of box?

WHY WILL PEOPLE NOT READ (even just a small bit) BEFORE POSTING ?

This has "been done to death" on this thread.
Even the previous page says what to do !!

@wooshman has gone to a great deal of trouble making this build as user friendly as possible to install and has given countless hours in helping its users. He also gave a great deal of his time in writing step by step instructions but so many people can't be bothered to even give a few minutes of their own time to search for said instructions !

To save you some of your time, please follow this link to install WB Infinity:-

http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/

Whats the fix for the other skins mate?

This will fix the seek bar crash screen you get when using the long hold direction button

If you open terminal in webif - just like you did to install Infinity, login as root and then copy and paste one of the following into the terminal window

Copy the complete part for your skin from mkdir though to SelectBars

skyQ
mkdir -p /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/skyQ/SelectBars/ && cp /usr/share/enigma2/skyQ/ProgressBars/progress.png /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/skyQ/SelectBars

skyNEW

mkdir -p /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/skyNEW/SelectBars/ && cp /usr/share/enigma2/skyQ/ProgressBars/progress.png /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/skyNEW/SelectBars

@wooshman has gone to a great deal of trouble making this build as user friendly as possible to install and has given countless hours in helping its users. He also gave a great deal of his time in writing step by step instructions but so many people can't be bothered to even give a few minutes of their own time to search for said instructions !

http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/
I guess this wouldn't be a good time to say that I'm struggling to download OpenATV image on to my box. It just reboots rather than flashes. Please don't shout at me.

@Sparkrite - sorry did you post something? I must have missed it!

I guess this wouldn't be a good time to say that I'm struggling to download OpenATV image on to my box. It just reboots rather than flashes. Please don't shout at me.

What box is it?
What is currently running on your box?
Are you flashing from USB or via the blue button -> Flash online / local -> online?

Have you tried flashing from USB and have you tired flashing from the blue button -> Flash online / local -> online?

What box is it?
What is currently running on your box?
Are you flashing from USB or via the blue button -> Flash online / local -> online?

Have you tried flashing from USB and have you tired flashing from the blue button -> Flash online / local -> online?
It's an edision os mini. I previously had IPab on it but I'm trying to change to wooshbuild. I believe that I need to put OpenATV on box first and this is where I'm struggling. I download openATV zip file. Extract to desktop. Copy the osmini file from desktop and put it on to formatted usb key. Then I put the usb key back into the edision box. Switch it on but it just keeps rebooting rather than flash. I'm obviously doing something stupid here but can't figure it out.

It's an edision os mini. I previously had IPab on it but I'm trying to change to wooshbuild. I believe that I need to put OpenATV on box first and this is where I'm struggling. I download openATV zip file. Extract to desktop. Copy the osmini file from desktop and put it on to formatted usb key. Then I put the usb key back into the edision box. Switch it on but it just keeps rebooting rather than flash. I'm obviously doing something stupid here but can't figure it out.

put the usb back in the PC, open the flash files and rename the file called noforce to force, then eject it and try flashing again

It's an edision os mini. I previously had IPab on it but I'm trying to change to wooshbuild. I believe that I need to put OpenATV on box first and this is where I'm struggling. I download openATV zip file. Extract to desktop. Copy the osmini file from desktop and put it on to formatted usb key. Then I put the usb key back into the edision box. Switch it on but it just keeps rebooting rather than flash. I'm obviously doing something stupid here but can't figure it out.[/QUOTE

What files do you have on your USB? This did this with mine when I was trying to flash it but I only had 3 files instead of ONE folder with files inside. (Hope that makes sense). After having the folder on the USB, it flashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back