Wooshbuild Support Thread

could anybody tell me the benefit of making a complete backup as described in spoiler q15 - as opposed to doing the wb config backup, as described in spoiler q1.

what additional things are backed up with a 'complete' backup?

could anybody tell me the benefit of making a complete backup as described in spoiler q15 - as opposed to doing the wb config backup, as described in spoiler q1.

what additional things are backed up with a 'complete' backup?
A complete backup is ideal if you like to break your box or if a software update goes wrong.
What ever is on your box at the time of the backup ie a working line, iptv, any plugins youve installed, timers etc. You can just flash the backup and everything will be as it was before you/a update broke it

A settings backup is for say you reflash using wb config, if you back up your settings then things like your line, timers, and region will be saved. So then you can go into wb config and press restore them

A complete backup is ideal if you like to break your box or if a software update goes wrong.
What ever is on your box at the time of the backup ie a working line, iptv, any plugins youve installed, timers etc. You can just flash the backup and everything will be as it was before you/a update broke it

A settings backup is for say you reflash using wb config, if you back up your settings then things like your line, timers, and region will be saved. So then you can go into wb config and press restore them
ive tinkered a lot, for example i have resized the fonts on the epg.

i think making a complete backup is the right choice for me.

thanks makido.

is Wooshbuild working on a fix for the audio problem? I updated everything with no luck, I read on another page that oscam can fix the problem, but couldnt get it working, then read on grogbuild that vm-hub3 will not work with oscam & that you have to install oscam-emu, tried to download that in wooshbuild but get: wget server error.

Hi, couple of weeks ago i installed the Metrix skin. Ever since then i do not get any software updates. Running Wooshbuild V6.
Can anyone conirm that software updates are still coming in or have they just stopped.
thanx in advance

Hi, couple of weeks ago i installed the Metrix skin. Ever since then i do not get any software updates. Running Wooshbuild V6.
Can anyone conirm that software updates are still coming in or have they just stopped.
thanx in advance
just tried another skin and updates are still not coming through unless there is no more updates I was on Metrix skin just changed to sly skin and same no updates

Ok it seems that there are no updates coming through now. No worries then. Will just wait for the newest wooshbuild update

is Wooshbuild working on a fix for the audio problem? I updated everything with no luck, I read on another page that oscam can fix the problem, but couldnt get it working, then read on grogbuild that vm-hub3 will not work with oscam & that you have to install oscam-emu, tried to download that in wooshbuild but get: wget server error.
Audio problem fix? whats the ptoblem with i
Ok it seems that there are no updates coming through now. No worries then. Will just wait for the newest wooshbuild update
theres a ATV6.1 but not on wooshbuild yet, although the new wooshbuild running 6.1 is coming soon.....rumour has it.

Did you have a mad half hour or what. Jeez man chill :grin:

Ah no but c'mon, I have ,believe it or not taken a back seat here, but you must admit it is the same questions over and and over over again....ad infinitum.
And as @1999gtv said we feed their "laziness" by answering the same questions, when a simple search would, in the most, solve the problem.
When I joined this forum, I praised @wooshman for his patience in the way he answered posters asking identical questions.
I have even seen questions been asked, when the answer has been given in the PRECEEDING post ! !

I have also deliberately not answered requests for help, on numerous occasions, because a solution would be found a lot quicker if the poster has taken the time to do a search.

I find it insulting, if an OP can't be bothered to search for an answer but expects others to spend time indulging them.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone can help when trying to update to v6 when selecting to update online it only comes up Latest v5 and v4.001?

cheers

There are a few ways to do this

First thing I would do is get your line off your box, if you have one. cos this could either go very nicely or be a nightmare.

Using ftp or your network get into your box, click root > usr > keys
In the keys folder you should see a ccam file or newcamd.list file, drag it to your desktop and keep it safe.

Backup your settings and carry on with flashing online. You will have to flash to v5 then to v6 (if you are lucky it might flash straight to v6) I just dont know

Now go and hide and shut your eyes, and hope it makes it to v5. If it does, flashing to v6 is slightly different.
When the box as fully booted press green button > wb config then right at the botton you should see update to v6.

Or you could just take the safe option and download wb6 and flash it using a usb, just like you did when you first set your box up,

Its up to you

There are a few ways to do this

First thing I would do is get your line off your box, if you have one. cos this could either go very nicely or be a nightmare.

Using ftp or your network get into your box, click root > usr > keys
In the keys folder you should see a ccam file or newcamd.list file, drag it to your desktop and keep it safe.

Backup your settings and carry on with flashing online. You will have to flash to v5 then to v6 (if you are lucky it might flash straight to v6) I just dont know

Now go and hide and shut your eyes, and hope it makes it to v5. If it does, flashing to v6 is slightly different.
When the box as fully booted press green button > wb config then right at the botton you should see update to v6.

Or you could just take the safe option and download wb6 and flash it using a usb, just like you did when you first set your box up,

Its up to you
I couldn't see the WB V6 to download?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It sounds like you are on wb v4 to me - or did I get it wrong.
To download the wb6 go to the download section at the top of page.

Managed to get updated to the latest one that came up when flashing online. added my lines through FileZilla but all paid channels blank. not done this in over a year since I got the box n completely forgot everything to go into haha

Ok think ive got it to update on to v6 just a case of getting the paid channels to work now

Last edited:
Back