Wooshbuild Support Thread

Cheers for getting back does this mean there is a problem but what im doing is ok I'm a bit of a twit when it comes to all this cheers david

have you tried pressing power button at front of box when It says boot

I turn off the power at back of the zgemma put in the usb turn on and hold the on button at front of the box just the same iv tried the usb port at the front of the box and still no luck thanks for your reply cheers david

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you add the cron job? and where did you put the files?

yes mate jobs added via red button/plugins/cron manager/add and files are in usr/script and perms are set 777
as i say if i run them manually they work but they don't seem to update automatically, im having to run them everyday manually

Last edited:
I turn off the power at back of the zgemma put in the usb turn on and hold the on button at front of the box just the same iv tried the usb port at the front of the box and still no luck thanks for your reply cheers david
do a full format fat 32 on your usb not a quick format and try that worked for my son a while ago

it took over an hour to do the full format but it worked after you can only try

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that today and just the same the file that I download is
Zgemma
H3 I think
And then when you click on that there's 4 more files thanks for your reply david

I did that today and just the same the file that I download is
Zgemma
H3 I think
And then when you click on that there's 4 more files thanks for your reply david
Are you sure your downloading the right basebuild. Ive just looked in the downloads and by the looks of it the h2 flashes with the 2s download.
Just you mention the h3 folder you need the sh1 folder.

Hi Guys, is there a known issue with digibit and vermin? Can’t seem to get the IP address to change no matter what I do.

Try chaning your nameservers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

This was covered over the last 5 or so pages, so have a look and the button presses will be there for you. It isn't the VPN providers, I think it is more VM causing the issue.

Last edited:
Is wb7 stable to run the updates yet as quite often I have to reflash due to continued booting loop
Cheers
7.002 resolves the problem by using what was the latest openATV. It requires a re-flash so if you do the quite often in theory you will have 7.002 - have a look in WB Config. if it doesn't say 7.002 at the top then you need to reflash using wb config.

how can i tell what version of WB i am on ? i updated to 7 ? to fix the audio description problem , but dont know if im on 7.002 . i have looked in WB config and it says 2.001 . if im on 7 and want to go to 7.002 , do i need to re flash or can it be done straight from the settings on the box ? thanks

how can i tell what version of WB i am on ? i updated to 7 ? to fix the audio description problem , but dont know if im on 7.002 . i have looked in WB config and it says 2.001 . if im on 7 and want to go to 7.002 , do i need to re flash or can it be done straight from the settings on the box ? thanks

Looks like you are not on v7.002 reflash from within wb-config

I took my 3 Zgemma star 2s to another friend of mine who has BT fibre with a USB Wooshbuild v7 just in case the wb configuration failed.
Thinking my broadband was useless his fibre was the same all 3 boxes failed the wb configuration and the USB v7.
I don't know if the boxes are completely ef'd, to me I think there is a load of crap on them which needs to be flushed out.
Is there a way they can be taken to the beginning, thanks in advance

Sorry Wooshman, when you say download basebuild for the 2s is there a version to it, even though I'm nearly 70, sometimes I talk like a 14 yr old you got to laugh.

Well I updated everything including changing the name server to 8.8.8.8 and still could not get my IPTV line to work, got the settings installed but could not connect for the channel updates. So I thought it would be a good idea to start again as it may have been an image problem, as everything was fine before the update to 7.0.0.2. So I went for a factory reset. When I tried to re install the base build the stb cam up with part wooshbuild and bypassed the flash stage. Now the stb is locked in a cycle of boot to the first screen where you choose the screen resolution and it has the done do anything page pasted over it, I can change the res to 1080p but when I pres red to choose language I get a blue screen and it goes into a cycle. Have tried to reflash to open atv just to see what happens but stb just boots instead of flashing. It is entirely my fault i know, just wondered if there was anyone to advise how to proceed or have I bricked my stb? Thanks for any advice. :(

Back