Wooshbuild Support Thread

Hold down blue button
Select option 4 cache flush
Press nlue to clear cache

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Tried this, the cache flush screen shows that I have 2048kb Uncached Memory, 305MB Memory, 91.98% Used & 8.02% free. Sadly pressing the blue "clear now" option is only freeing less than 1% and then it's going back up again when I go back into it. Is that normal? Thanks.

Tried this, the cache flush screen shows that I have 2048kb Uncached Memory, 305MB Memory, 91.98% Used & 8.02% free. Sadly pressing the blue "clear now" option is only freeing less than 1% and then it's going back up again when I go back into it. Is that normal? Thanks.

Another thing that I have found to be processor hungry is Timeshift, if you don't use it, then disable it within its own named menu.

So far it seems the cache flush may have done the trick, strange though when it still shows my memory as practically full? It's lost my large picons from the SkyQ skin but I wasn't that bothered about them anyway, maybe they were the issue for some reason...

I thought the default cache was 8192 Mbyrws not 2048.
You could usefully increase the size.
Sorry don't use sky Q skin Hooe someone else can help on that
I have 305 MB memory used and 50 % free for comparison.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

WooshBuild as standard has around 50%+ clear memory when cache flush is run. It is set to run every 5 minutes. To only have 1% indicates you have something wrong or to many plugins running but is why you box is running so slowly.

Uninstall anything you don't use. Skins & picons can be removed first and see if that makes a difference. Timeshift being disabled may help but you will lose your instant rewind ability.

Do things bit by bit and see what changes. You can remove your hard drive too and start the box without it for testing purposes.

Thanks Woosh.

Yeah thought it was a bit strange having the memory practically full. I haven't installed anything non standard though apart from the SkyQ large channel picons (which were done ages ago) and XtreamTV plugin. So I'm not sure what can be hogging the memory. All the plugins I have are as standard with the build so not sure what I could remove.

Where are the picons kept (SkyQ etc) to remove them?

Thanks.

They are put on the usb device so they don't take up box space but the standard picons are installed to the box as people seemed to struggle adding them manually in past versions. You can remove them and thn re-add them, when doing so it will ask where you want to put them, chose the USB device.

They are put on the usb device so they don't take up box space but the standard picons are installed to the box as people seemed to struggle adding them manually in past versions. You can remove them and thn re-add them, when doing so it will ask where you want to put them, chose the USB device.

Thanks, are they under Remove Plugins > Picons? (there seems to be lots in there), or are they in the WB Plugins section?

Hi first of all I am a total novice, couple weeks ago my box upgraded to the ATV wooshman 6 since then its been down loading this and that every day but dont know what to do with them, but today it downloaded bouquets and now I have lost all my channels etc any help much appreciated thanks

Thanks, are they under Remove Plugins > Picons? (there seems to be lots in there), or are they in the WB Plugins section?

It's ok, I've found and removed the picons and re installed them to the external Hard Drive. I'll see how it goes. It doesn't seem to have freed up much memory though sadly. Not sure what's hogging it.

It's ok, I've found and removed the picons and re installed them to the external Hard Drive. I'll see how it goes. It doesn't seem to have freed up much memory though sadly. Not sure what's hogging it.

If you run "top" in woosbuild it may help you to identify the memory hog

Menu - info panel - infos - system info - top

I was running Wooshbuild 4.02, I wanted to update to V5 but when I have looked for it I can only get V6 which seems to date from before V5. I have updated to V6 now but prefer the interface of V5 on my mate's box. Is V5 available anywhere I acan not find it?

Apologies for anything stupid in my post I am newbie -ish.

Thanks

@wooshman had a problem yesterday when recording 2 programs and going to another channel box would crash. Is it possible to add a message to worn us about Bix is recording 2 programs and watching 3rd not possible thanks

Back