Wooshbuild Support Thread

Hi folks,

All of a sudden, a few weeks ago my box (H2S) started being very laggy on menus. EG when I click "OK" when watching TV to bring up the Channel info it can lag a while before it comes up, usually showing the Sky icon in the top left corner. If I press the standby button on the remote it can lag for a minute before it goes into standby.

This can happen when I go into any of the menu's or screens etc, it can just freeze for a few seconds. It doesn't do it constantly, just every few menu options etc.

My box never used to do this, I'm convinced this has only happened since either updating to WB v6, installing XtreamTV plugin or installing software updates on the box, but I can't pin point it so I've no idea which?

I suppose it could be the external Hard Drive, which has always been fine previously. It's a Toshiba Canvio 1TB. I'd try wiping it and setting it back up but I don't want to lose my recordings and I'm not sure what else I'd need to set up on the HD if I wiped it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks.

Well after unplugging my External Hard Drive I'm pretty certain it's that which is causing the lag on my box when going into menus and navigating around etc. No idea why it's started as the box and Hard Drive have been fine until recently.

What options do I have? Presume I will need to initialise the Hard Drive which will sadly mean I'll lose our recordings, unless I can copy them to another pen Drive etc with Dream Explorer first?

Once the Hard Drive has been initialised what do I need to do to set it back up? Obviously add my line (for what it's worth these days) with USB Cam Importer. Do I need to set up a swap file? If so how do I do it?

Think I just need to wipe the Hard Drive and set it back up again, hopefully!

Thanks.

Your line is stored on your box not on your hard drive. You can ftp into your box and copy the recordings to your PC before you wipe the drive.
Swapfile is setup in red button - plugins - swapmanager

@wooshman had a problem yesterday when recording 2 programs and going to another channel box would crash. Is it possible to add a message to worn us about Bix is recording 2 programs and watching 3rd not possible thanks

The box only has 2 tuners so you can only watch (or record) 2 live programmes. You can record 2 channels and watch a recorded programme at the same time of course.

Your line is stored on your box not on your hard drive. You can ftp into your box and copy the recordings to your PC before you wipe the drive.

My line is on my hard drive, only works when that's plugged in.

Presume I can copy timers across as well before I initialise the Hard Drive?

It's definitely the Hard Drive causing the lag anyway! No idea why though...

My line is on my hard drive as I thought, only works when that's plugged in.

Presume I can copy timers across as well before I initialise the Hard Drive?

It's definitely the Hard Drive causing the lag anyway! No idea why though...

You may have a backup copy on your hard drive but the copy that the box uses lives on the box. It lives in usr/keys if using mgcam or cccam and in usr/keys/oscam_ATV if using oscam. It is possible with a bit of tinkering to change the location of your line but it would be a pointless exercise.

i have everything running great

but a small niggle, every morning i turn on TV i get the below 2x bouquets appear,

"Wooshbuild_TV" and "IPTV"

i go into e-chanelizer and remove them and i have tried to hide them, they both disappear till the next morning when they appear again.

how can i stop this? i assume a script file is running and updating something but i don't want it to actually add any NEW user bouquets just to update the current ones.

Is there a way to view the log on these zgemma h2s to troubleshoot blue screen of death? I've got a h2s that often errors on boot and get the dreaded blue screen of death with garbage that i cant make sense off?

A reflash sorts it but not for long.

Hi Guys ... I've updated to Wooshbuild 6... Working great as usual ... My problem is there is no Iptv bouquet ..Any ideas how to get the Iptv bouquet.
Thanks in advance lads.....

You have to install the IPTV service from your supplier, its not free
Thanks djgarf.... I have a iptv sub on a Zgemma h2s receiver. I thought I'd be able to access the channels thru the normal satellite bouquets instead of pressing menu to get to xtream tv. My problem is my supplier cant give me the M3u file so I can use echannelizer. would you have any other suggestions on how I could put them (my Iptv channels) with my satellite bougqutes.... Cheers djgarf....

Don't know he just said that he sent me an email to putty onto the zgemma and it downloads the xtream tv and then I sent him my mac address and that's the way he does it..... its just that I want incorporate the two together...

Hi guys apologies if this is a stupid question or has been covered before... Flashed whooshbuild onto my h2 box after using openvix for a wile. My box seems to be lagging on channel change and going through the menu etc. Is there anything i can do to sort this and also could i take the blue spinning icon away that spins in the top left hand corner????
Thanks Davy.....

You will be better off asking in the IPTV guides section as I'm sure someone will be able to help. I really should get round to looking at the xtream plugin.

You shouldn't have a blue spinner in the top right hand corner unless the box is doing something. If it is showing up quite a lot then there is an issue somwhere.

The spinner is part of the skin, part of every skin, it is there to tell you the box is busy. I would imagine that if you were to just delete the files the box would crash so you would need to replace them with empty images.

Have a look in usr/share/enigma2/SKYWB/spinner, all of those make up the spinner. - Mess at your own risk. Post in the Sky-New skin thread if needed as Chab's is the creator of both.

Back