Xmltv epg won't update

Every time I go to update it says epg decompress failed! Please check disk free volume
this is on an f5s box can anyone help thanks

I had the same problem on a F5s.
I was using a small capacity usb stick so took it out,cleared the recent epg lists and reinserted it.All good!

Im using a 32Gb USB Stick reformatted in STB same issue. It appears however there is a problem with the XMLTV servers at the moment.

Does anyone know if there is still a problem with the XMLTV servers? We are still getting the message epg decompress failed.

Actually I'm more bored than mean---people continually post about the same subject without reading thru the posts already up.Myself and others don't mind assisting people but those people need to read a bit, learn and perhaps pass on their knowledge to others instead of just posting and hoping someone will reply to save them looking further.
It's great to be able to help others in this hobby but others must also help themselves first.
We are always here to assist each other but please read the postings first then if you still need help, ask and we will do just that.
Now if that's being "mean" then yes I'm meanlol
Reaper.

Last edited:
yea I know mate, sometimes I feel like puting a link to the forum search tool and say "ALL THE ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND HERE!!!!!" lol makes me laugh though when someone asks a question and someone else asks the same question 15mins later but starts a new thread

the bottom line is this problem still exists , does anyone know what the it's a bug waiting to be fixed
actually is ? does anyone know the ip of the server and the coding involved.
this is a serious issue to many people, if we can grab the script we may be able to do something about it.

EPG problems

As a new user of the site I would like to say that I find these comments particularly unhelpful. I am also not very familiar as to how these boxes work and am trying to educate myself by going on to this forum. Clearly some of you find this irritating. It would perhaps be helpful if you pointed to which thread or what part of the site I could look at.

New user or not---you found this thread which tells you that there is a problem with the epg downloads so what's the problem.
We will all know when a fix appears or the problem is cured as it will appear here on this forum. Please don't come on site and moan as we are all trying our hardest to sort this problem and help others with their problems.
Reaper.

im a new user...but I didn't ask if it works and why..... I just read this thread and worked out that its not working now and requires a fix....then moved on...im sure either at some point it will be fixed or not....if not then ill get over it...LOL

Back