Xmltv epg won't update

I am a new user to these boxes too and have been in contact with a person who is in contact with the people who deals with the EPG update and at the moment its hit and miss on if it will update or not.

When I hear that it is back up and running properly, I will notify you all........

Thank You to everyone and your updates and in the meantime lets keep our fingers crossed. :-S

i want it fixed now !!!!! otherwise im going to throw my f5s box out of my pram !!!!:madsware:lol
seriously im a bit of a newbie too ,i take it there is no other way of getting the EPG other than downloading it via xmltx ,i.e could it be downloaded onto a pc then put on a memeory stick .Go easy on me folks i m learning !! lol

i want it fixed now !!!!! otherwise im going to throw my f5s box out of my pram !!!!:madsware:lol
seriously im a bit of a newbie too ,i take it there is no other way of getting the EPG other than downloading it via xmltx ,i.e could it be downloaded onto a pc then put on a memeory stick .Go easy on me folks i m learning !! lol

I want it fixed too the satellite EPG is not good enough for me only updating every few hours or so, I must be attempting 5 times every day in the off chance that it will update, some foreign countries will update but the UK will not. As far as I've searched on the internet, there is no way to update it other than the server we all rely on. I will continue to check and wait for an update myself and when I do I will leave an update here to say the XMLTV EPG update is back online but by the looks of things, it may be a while.

If anyone does know how to put it on a file and update by the memory stick then I would love to know. :-)

don't update

All I would day is if your f5s works don't update the latest update from skybox, mine worked fine until I updated, well pissed off. Useless f##ks.

Gents I know this wont be helpful to those with new boxs but those who've had sky/openbox now for a while, maybe this is the push u need for a more advanced box? Look into enigma2 box types. They can give so much more and much more reliable. All for £60+.
Just trying to help as ive never looked back after moving on from these things... imho.

I agree after getting an enigma 2 myself but still love my openbox and hope it will become back up and running soon. For those people who need an EPG for non timing and recording I recommend:

Sky Guide TV Listings

Just type it in google and it should be the top one.

This has been serving me well just while the XMLTV EPG is down.

I hope this helps. :-)

Gents I know this wont be helpful to those with new boxs but those who've had sky/openbox now for a while, maybe this is the push u need for a more advanced box? Look into enigma2 box types. They can give so much more and much more reliable. All for £60+.
Just trying to help as ive never looked back after moving on from these things... imho.

What boxes would you reccommend, would love to get one that has dual tuner and that i can add xbmc...thanks

I'm sorry everyone, I've decided to give up and will be completely converting to an Enigma 2 box.

I have a Vu+ Solo 2 Original and will be getting a Vu Solo 2 Se Clone of the Vu+ Solo 2.

The feedback looks Excellent and I have read some great things about it, unfortunately I need to Download Clone Safe add-ons and plugins, Ill let you know how good these are compared to the Original.

I say bye bye to my Openbox V8S I didn't have you for to long. :-S

I ditched the F5s for a Zgemma 2s yesterday due to the epg problem and it was a steep learning curve as never owned a enigma 2 box but glad I made the transition, it's nice to have the full 7 day epg.

Make sure you give yourself a fair few hours if you make the same transition as it needs a lot more setting up than the f5s but is worth it once it's done.

I ditched the F5s for a Zgemma 2s yesterday due to the epg problem and it was a steep learning curve as never owned a enigma 2 box but glad I made the transition, it's nice to have the full 7 day epg.

Make sure you give yourself a fair few hours if you make the same transition as it needs a lot more setting up than the f5s but is worth it once it's done.

I totally agree,

The Openbox V8S is very easy to set-up compared to a Enigma 2 but once everything is set up, it is completely worth it.
I had a problem setting up the FTP with the Vu+ solo 2 but then realised I was using the wrong software and after I changed it everything came together.
It took me roughly 10 hours to complete the set-up and that was all because of the incompatible software and if you have a problem then just use google to help you.

The main features for me are:

- Streaming TV to other devices
- 7 Day EPG updated everyday
- Changeable Themes
- Record, Rewind, Fast forward and pause with a installed harddrive of 1tb (Over the top)
- XBMC Plugin

I do have to use a Powerline to connect to the TV Box and then connecting to the router as the USB Adapter plugin option is on and off, this is the only downfall but I may not of come across the correct plugin.

You can get some cheaper Enigma 2 and I bought mine from Ebay.

My workaround is use laptop with sly tv guide.
Works for me:pop smiley:

That is probably the best and cheapest option, I hope the Openbox does get back its XMLTV EPG for the UK for all you people who have these......

I have an Enigma 2 and i am now using a VU+ Solo 2 SE Clone box that works exactly like the Vu+ Solo 2 Originals apart from having an LCD on the Original and to be honest, the Clone remote seems better than the Original, I wish i had of bought 2 Clones now instead of 1 Clone 1 Original.

The Original was £270 with hard drive 1tb and the Clone was £150 with 1tb hard drive.

£120 difference for roughly exactly the same thing!!!!

Only problem is that when i want to do an update, I have to find a Clone safe image update file, which isnt a problem and there is alot of support out there for these clone boxes.

I am selling my 2 Openbox V8S but only bought them for £50.00 which is good.

I hope the guide does get fixed as it is a very quick and easy box. :-)

seems a new firmware has been released to fix the xmltv issue.... downloading and flashing now.... lets see if its really fixed

Hi again,

Ive found the update for the XMLTV EPG Fix Click here to download.
This is mainly based on the Skybox/Openbox V8S But could possibly be the same for the V6.

- Plug your USB drive and Format your USB on your computer by clicking computer or my computer, right click the USB Drive and then click format, Then click on file system and select FAT32, don't forget to click on Allocation unit size and click default allocation size.
- Now copy and paste V8 V6 150519.abs out of the file you downloaded to your USB Drive and add the USB to your Skybox/Openbox once the download is finished copying,whilst on the Skybox/Openbox Press menu then go to tools,click Upgrade by USB and Highlight Upgrade mode: Image file Abs With V8 V6 150519.abs and then click start.
- Once this is finished loading and updating the box needs to restart or be restarted and then press menu, move to system setup and highlight EPG And Time Settings, now with EPG Default Settings highlighted press the left button to select Internet(XMLTV) and move down to Summer Time and have this selected as ON (if it is summertime where you are in the world.)

Now if you are in the United Kingdom press the left direction button to have the Auto Updates (Or do the same to whichever country you are in) on and press the Red button for the update to take place.

after this is finished the Box will need rebooting, allow the EPG to update on the box and this is the end of the update.

I hope this helps everyone with an Openbox/Skybox V6 and V8 :-)

I found somewhere that supplies fixes and downloads for all boxes I have just done what you said with my F5S box but with the download for the right box from SKYBOX.CC
Worked perfectly. EPG Updated fine first time

anyone know how to change the time problem with xmltv ,firmware was working fine on the last upgrade before all the probs started ,also any one else notice it keeps losing time ???
back to the old now and next for me as no good for time setting for recording ,getting totally confused as th whether i need to add an hour or remove an hour when recording and also whether to add 5mins or 10 starting and stopping

Back