ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The box should be silent, had mine running for sometime now and I've never heard the fan at all.

makes sure its got plenty of airflow around it and see if that helps.

Spoke to a guy last night and his was only silent if he held his hand on the left side of the box with a bit of pressure lol. Maybe a wee design fault in the case fitting? Time will tell. No harm emailing WOS the 2 guys yesterday....

Cheeky t#*ts the book will get passed as to who is to blame aswell mate. Must admit am looking at them myself need a new toy.

As its stuck in England mate just tell them to stop at birkenhead and i will send you pics of it cause thats as close as your getting to it till atleast tomorrow mate lol

Last edited:
Have been looking at a replacement/upgrade for my Zgemma H2s is the Xtrend ET8500 much of an inprovement/upgrade

Hi all does anyone find the box to be a little noisy seems the fan is constantly on even on stand by, in an earlier post by someone they said it was quiet, not the case with mine I'm afraid, could it be a faulty one you think?!

My 8500 is definitely noisier than my Vu Duo and Venton HD2. I can hear it the minute I open door to living room. I cannot hear any of the other 2. Mind you, my NAS is noisy too.

Guys this extrend ET 8500,Go into,menu,setup,system,fan control,You can alter and control the speeds and settings of the fan in there,sounds like a couple of you might have the settings running to fast,Like blackwiddow says,you really cant here a pin drop if set up right,Some feed back would be good on this so we can all see what is the issue

Ok gave it a go. Set it to come on at 40 system says its at 35 but the fans still running?, I did adjust the speed down which is better do you know the optimum settings for this.

Maybe best to contact,technical help on world of satellite,Had a guy pm me in the last hour and he had a problem with a tuner not working,contacted world of sat and a new one was dispatched asap and problem now solved

Can those who read this please PM me with you fan speeds, I'll not answer but what I will do is add another part to the setup guide to include setting fan speeds if it sounds noisy, with peoples fan speeds I can then put a suggested fan speed if the default is too loud.
All these feedback and questions really help with making the step guide as comprehensive as possible it also enables Les to fix bugs that didn't appear on my testing but not everyone's setup, box location is the same so every post is important, no such thing as a stupid question unless its "Who's round is it" lol

With Les working and supporting users I know he's doing his best to get the next release sorted and I'm snowed under with work right now so doing all I can to get on and read posts for possible changes to the guide to help everyone out.

Thanks to all who are flashing their box and reporting back, seeing the support for Les's work confirms even more what a great forum this is :)

Last edited:
one word of warning check where box is located out in the open - cooler box-------------enclosure-hot box,so fan settings will differ and if internal hdd fitted will run hotter.

I've noticed that the backup of the image is still happening despite having turned off the scheduled backups?

xtrend backup.jpgxtrend backupoff.jpg
Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back