ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned a VU box and this is much faster and the front display is a great feature as it displays more information than a standard display. Judging on your feedback I'd have to ask if you set it up right and yes the faulty tuner was just bad luck really but atleast you got good customer service from WoS, can you imagine chasing a ebay seller for it, lol.

Blackwidow,

Set up as other 2 boxes I own. Each box with no problems.
Can't agree with "much faster" though specs would suggest so.
I am sorry but cannot see what front screen brings. I press ok on vu duo and it tells me what channel I am on. Simple. Footprint is nice.

But you have to press the OK button to see those details, the front screen displays this information for you without having to press anything,

My front display shows me the channel number, channel name, program name, time remaining, program start and finish time, which tuner my box is using and local time How is this information not useful? and when my box is in standby I get a clock to display the current time. I never got any of these features on any other box I owned and can't say I've seen a box that displays that much info on the front screen/panel.

I'm not arguing with you mate, just pointing out some of the features that do need setting up different to a standard box

Sorry to hear your not too happy with it but you can send it back and get another VU box as they newer ones are quicker, my mates got a 4K box and it is quicker than the ET8500 but too costly for my liking :)

Blackwidow,

Its the wife who uses boxes mainly. I only play when I cant sleep and get up during night. I wouldnt dream of returning it, as I cant be bothered, just saying that I dont find it the manna from heaven as many seem to, but do respect their opinions.

What is it that needs set up differently from other e2 receivers ?

well thats me done, taking the plunge and ordered hope i'm not disappointed and hope i can work out how to use this linux box after using a spiderbox and a openbox for the last 5yrs:p

Blackwidow,

Its the wife who uses boxes mainly. I only play when I cant sleep and get up during night. I wouldnt dream of returning it, as I cant be bothered, just saying that I dont find it the manna from heaven as many seem to, but do respect their opinions.

If you read my complete box section it will tell you that the box is a multi tuner with the option of a duel satellite and cable option and also handles and runs iptv and plex superbly,at the discounted price before the 10th it was a cracking buy and it still is on offer i believe

Blackwidow,

Never upset the wife mate, making sure she's happy is the key to a longer life lol

Well the front display is a feature that needs changing depending on the skin you use, also making sure the EPG is set to the a USB stick as I noticed when I setup the box it but the EPG on the internal HDD plus some other little things with the settings to speed up the box as Vix tends to default to the slowest mode.

Also running IPTV is easy to do and dreamplex runs so smooth so its that part of the box that really makes it standout, with other boxes I found IPTV to be rubbish and could never integrate it into the box like you can with this box

Last edited:
well thats me done, taking the plunge and ordered hope i'm not disappointed and hope i can work out how to use this linux box after using a spiderbox and a openbox for the last 5yrs:p
In my backup build,I have included the iptv player so it allows to to stream movies/series/ect as its much more stable than using kodi,will be uploading it to dropbox later on tonight

In my backup build,I have included the iptv player so it allows to to stream movies/series/ect as its much more stable than using kodi,will be uploading it to dropbox later on tonight
i will check it out, like i say just hope i can get to grips with the box and not brick it straight away:fear:

bees made a tut you can still follow for setting up an enigma2 combo box with openvix image.
nobody said you can't use bees combo box guide as there was a great deal of time and effort went into it,fact is though that's bees guide and this is not,I don't want to see any members who ever thay are think their builds and guides are better than anyone else's, it goes on in the zgemma section all the time, it's just that myself and black widow have both bought the same box and are looking to help other members, if anyone has any positive things to add it would be most welcome les

Last edited:
But you have to press the OK button to see those details, the front screen displays this information for you without having to press anything,

My front display shows me the channel number, channel name, program name, time remaining, program start and finish time, which tuner my box is using and local time How is this information not useful? and when my box is in standby I get a clock to display the current time. I never got any of these features on any other box I owned and can't say I've seen a box that displays that much info on the front screen/panel.
Nothing new blackwidow mate the VU+DUO 2 displays exactly the same on the lcd screen and more;)Oh and the weather lol

Nothing new blackwidow mate the VU+DUO 2 displays exactly the same on the lcd screen and more;)Oh and the weather lol
Cracking box that is mr bob,only a triple tuner option on that model though, if your looking for a 4 tuner box the extrend is a good option and what attracted me to it was the price tag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back