ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies guys can I get a link to iptv player, blackwidow don't know nothing about dreamplex , is that similar to the iptvplayer plugin as can you get movies on it , thanks in advance guys lol

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Meant to say guys all he has in extensions is iptv bouquets (1.0.1) don't really know what that is ?

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Overall I would give this box 9/10 as I would like to do more with the little built in screen than currently offered but thats down to the skin so I might look into designing my own when I get a chance.

I picked one of these up at the £169 price too with dual dvb-s2 tuners and then bought another 2 dual dvb-s2 tuners from Germany to add in (at 39 euro's each plus shipping). It's a great little box (and it really is tiny, the pictures don't really show just how small it is). Mine's not in full time use yet as I have a lot of home media equipment juggling to do so intend to get it all done at the same time. I've been through the basic setup without issues and given it a simple test but so far very impressed. It will be taking over the top spot from my Solo2 which will be relegated to an upstairs room as a remote receiver.

I still have my sky hd box and a full sky subscription so I do get the HD channels, but only on the main TV.
;)

Hi can you tell me how it's going with your Xtrend looks a nice box just wondering how good it is.
Have you come across any probs with it. Cheers.

Hi can you tell me how it's going with your Xtrend looks a nice box just wondering how good it is.
Have you come across any probs with it. Cheers.

Mines not in full time use as yet (waiting to swap it out with the Solo 2) so can't really comment on reliability etc. From my limited testing and setup it was snappy and easy, only thing it seems to lack from the Solo2 is transcoding but that's no huge loss to me.

Cheers Andy. Do you know if you can switch the screen off when watching on the TVs as I would imagine that could be a little annoying.

Cheers Andy. Do you know if you can switch the screen off when watching on the TVs as I would imagine that could be a little annoying.

There probably is a way but to be honest I don't know - I just set mine to show the picon which is kind of cool

Ok cheers Andy. Do you know who's selling these at the best price at the moment?
Also are they quick currently running a zgemma good box for the money but a little slow.

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 PM ----------

Sorry Leslie.

Look in my complete box posting and there is a link for world of satellite I think

My box was from WOS too - best price by far. I also have a ZGemma 2S and am currently using it as a remote receiver (until I get my arse into gear and do the rejig) - I've never really thought of it as slow but the 8500 has a much more powerful cpu etc and seemed very snappy to me

Last edited:
I brought mine from WOS as well,
i found out a week ago there was an offer for xtrend et8500 & 4 tuners of your choice for 179! I was kicking my self on missing out, however still got it at a decent fair price :)

This 8500 really is tiny - the pics don't do it justice, it's about the size of a double din car stereo if that makes sense!

yeah the pictures do give off the impression that it looks like a chunky box but i guess if you look at the dimensions in the specs it says different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back