ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy when it arrived to see it was smaller than I thought, much more compact then the images show/portray but it really is a kick arse box :)

It looks so much neater than I thought & does seem quite powerful!

Hows your IPTV flowing, good?
Do you have the IPTV integrated within your bouquets or have you set it up another way?

Last edited:
Blackwidow you were saying in earlier posts about dreamplex , what's actually in that , as in what does it play ?

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

dreamplex is a plugin for enigma2
people can use this plugin as a portal to access their own media server or I think people sell plex logins.
Anyway its mainly used to watch movies and TV series. Maybe some music can be accessed aswell.

Hi
Anyone here help me setup an openvix xtrend 8500 triple tuner
have seen the setup for sky, but think I am falling down on the setup of the tuner during the wizard..
any help appreciated

Guys a mate of mine has xtrend 8500 with latest vix image but says has no iptvplayer plugin in his extensions , anyone know why it's not on the newer image as I have it on the older vix image ?

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

What older vix image are you using? The image he has might not be the same as you have.
Its not difficult to install just look for the iptvplayer ipk installation file. Dump it in the tmp folder then menu setup vix ipk installer then install.
Restart

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

got it fom WOD site

I got vix 4.1.001 release et8500 and the iptv works a treat from vix just look for the older vixes
I hope I am not breaking any rules buy putting this on but it is where got the vix 4.1.001 from if iam please takit off
openvix.xtrend

Last edited:
Hi all I don't suppose someone could tell me what a dvb-c/t/t2 tuner is apart from the obvious, what the benefits are or not.
Cheers

It is a cable & terrestrial tune

Benefits:
Gain access to HD channels via cable feed with this tuner
for those that use an Ariel, the tuner is compatible

I am about to order a ET8500 from W.O.S could some body tell me what the best Enigma 2 firmware i should have put on it, as i dont no much about the firmware. thanks.
Enigma 2 Firmware

I am about to order a ET8500 from W.O.S could some body tell me what the best Enigma 2 firmware i should have put on it, as i dont no much about the firmware. thanks.
Enigma 2 Firmware
Use Openvix,I will be uploading a full back up image later on today with everything all done for you, and it's Openvix

I have to say, I don't have the same lovefest for this tuners as others do on the site. Yes, nice and neat. No, did not see the advert for £179 for 4 tuners of your choice despite being on site daily, I must have blinked and missed it !!! I paid £305 inc.del for 4 tuners and 1tb hdd.
New box arrived with faulty tuner, which Wos sent relacement for but did take 2 days before dispatch as "demand meant tuners were in short supply"
The box pic quality imo is far short of my (old) vu duo, and I really miss the point where some internet reviews describe it as "blisterlingly fast". I don't see much diff. between this and my other boxes.
Not a dig at anyone, just an honest review.The front display is as much use as a chocolate watch. Bin it and reduce price.

Standing up against wall trying to avoid bullets !!! Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back