Zgemma freezing a lot more often now

Thanx for getting back.i am using my talk talk home plug for wifi connection.i easy watching the router on the night in question when it was freezing on / off and it was flashing differently
The 3 lights lights normally flash indiscriminately.but this night I noticed they all stopped flashing at the time of the freeze.
As you've already guessed I'm not a tech whiz.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

What build are you using. I was getting the same hassle when using open vix so I reflashed to wooshbuild and it hasn't given me any grief. Obviously there is the odd flicker but that's normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might try the wooshbuild. I was using Vix and reflashed to ATV last night but the other half has just told me she is getting the freezing issues again. I'm losing the will on this battle :(

So far i've done the below

Contacted the Internet provider - tried a replacement router but no other devices are affected, ie, phones, laptops, ipads.
zgemma box is wired through home plugs
tried a different line - same issues
reflashed to open ATV and still the same
rebooted everything about a million times

i'm wondering if it might be a HDD error, a few months ago I got a few black error screens relating to the HDD but managed to resolve and not had them since but over the past week or so i've had the black error screen possibly 3/4 times. not managed to see what it is in relation to though.

any ideas? dodgy box?

Quick update on this....was pinging my server whilst watching and it froze...checked the ping and it dropped for 2 hops.

Internet? Firewall? Any ideas?

Further update on this one guys...after some searching and realising that I changed to plusnet and these issue started happening, I've turned the firewall off on the router for now ands it's been a steady 60mins with no glitching/freezing

Fingers crossed and if it is that I'll just set up port forwarding and hopefully that should do it with the firewall back on

And the latest update....still freezing

Tried Vix, ATV and woosh build - all freezing
Tried flashing the box several times - still freezing
Tried 3 different lines - still freezing
Tried a new router from Plusnet - still freezing
Tried turning firewall off - still freezing

My ping response to my server on my laptop is returning 23ms which is great but on the box it's returning 240+ms....connected via home plugs.

I'm thinking it's my internet but does anyone have any other ideas I can try?

Going to take my box down to my old dears and try it there to rule in/out my box being faulty and that would probably confirm it is my broadband

Going to take my box down to my old dears and try it there to rule in/out my box being faulty and that would probably confirm it is my broadband

That is the next step. Do you have regular BB or fibre? Could be there's noise on your telephone line.

or are you having 2 issues one been talk talk someone else said [shite broadband ] and box? try box in different location with another broadband provider.

Repaired and just waiting to see if it happens again...will wait and see

Been using diff mg_cfg files for all the lines I've tried

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ----------

or are you having 2 issues one been talk talk someone else said [shite broadband ] and box? try box in different location with another broadband provider.

Yeah, going to try the box in my old dears.

Going to set up another box for my cousin so this could confirm/deny the box is fucked if it works on my BB

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

Have you tried changing the box's DNS to google servers instead of your router?

Done Softcam restarted will wait and see now

Thanks all for the help so far

---------- Post Merged at 10:10 PM ----------

still freezing.

Right, it's down to testing at the old dears

Last edited:
I had a similar issue sounds like your box and router might be getting confused over ip assignment.

Try setting a static ip on the box, my box was freezing constantly with dhcp set.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue sounds like your box and router might be getting confused over ip assignment.

Try setting a static ip on the box, my box was freezing constantly with dhcp set.

Sounds like something to try mate, how do I go about doing that? I'm not sure myself...

Depends on build on atv its setup> settings>system>network>device setup>adapter settings.

Then change use dhcp to no.

Enter a unique ip nothing else is using on your home network eg 192.168.1.50

Set netmask to 255.255.255.0

Set gateway to the ip address to ip of your routers admin page eg 192.168.1.1

Restart box

Hopefully that fixes things for you, it fixed mine and everything runs smooth now.

Depends on build on atv its setup> settings>system>network>device setup>adapter settings.

Then change use dhcp to no.

Enter a unique ip nothing else is using on your home network eg 192.168.1.50

Set netmask to 255.255.255.0

Set gateway to the ip address to ip of your routers admin page eg 192.168.1.1

Restart box

Hopefully that fixes things for you, it fixed mine and everything runs smooth now.

Will give it a bash tonight mate thanks for that.

Just for noseyness :) what issues were you getting? Paid channels freezing and having to restart the softcam manager? That's the main thing for me

I have a pretty stable line and Channels were freezing much more than they should have been, box was very unresponsive and running slow even after several reflashes and with minimal plugins installed.

I was also having problems with connection randomly dropping out on other devices connected to the router, I tried pretty much all you have tried but all the problems stopped instantly after setting static ip on box.

Watp

Back