Zgemma h.2h causing broadband drops

Cupra123

Hi all,

Urgent help is required lol I'll try keep it short and sweet

I've had a zgemma h.2h box for the last 3/4 months now, since I've had the box my Internet (plusnet) keeps dropping every Monday/Tuesday/wednesday for a few days, (by dropping I mean wifi and lan connection Cuts out for a minute every 5mins) had engineers from open reach a few times and no1 can diagnose the fault and after a bit of reading online it's seems to be a rein issue (frequency clash I think) seeing as the issues started soon after getting the zgemma box I decided to disconnect it and no drops in the Internet for the last 2 weeks.

What can be done stop the interference between them, can't move them too far due to bt line location and obviously a lan connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Are you using any remote viewing software with the zgemma as this can be a major cause of Internet disconnection, I had remote viewing on mine before with a vpn and it was hammering my connection so I disabled it

Mine seems constant. As soon as I power off the internet starts working.

Sent from my X98 Plus(A6C7) using Tapatalk

Mine seems constant. As soon as I power off the internet starts working.

Wow that's bad, have you tried moving the box away from the router or the extender you might be using

Does it still happen if the Zgemma is still powered on but the Ethernet cable is disconnected?
For me even if the Ethernet cable is not connected.

Right - must be interference from the Zgemma's PSU being radiated into the mains and upsetting the broadband modem / router.

Make sure the power cable to the Zgemma is kept away from the phone line into the modem. As a test, power the Zgemma with an extension lead from a different socket, ideally from a socket on a different circuit (say from the kitchen or upstairs).

I have never heard of this problem before, but some cheapo Chinese SMPS do spew all sorts of crap into the mains, and some ADSL modems are pretty sensitive...

If your using TP links then you could well be getting problems as your using your ring main to supply the connection to the box,Cold you run an ethernet cable direct from the router to the box

Yes and it works fine. It is only the TP Link powerline that's is a problem. Problem is both my sons use the power line adaptors in their bedrooms. I may have to run cat5 and remove the power line adaptors although I prefer not to. Sorry Cupra123 I have hi jacked the thread........

Sent from my Alife P1 Pro using Tapatalk

Update. I have changed the PSU/ AC adaptor and there is no interference so far. The old PSU was a Keerda from China.

Update. I have changed the PSU/ AC adaptor and there is no interference so far. The old PSU was a Keerda from China.

I have just tried a new AC lead aswel, but my drops normally only happen on either a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Weekends are normally problem free. I'll update if my problems still there during the week.

I have just tried a new AC lead aswel, but my drops normally only happen on either a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Weekends are normally problem free. I'll update if my problems still there during the week.

Just the AC lead or the lead and the power adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the AC lead or the lead and the power adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've changed the lead and the power adapter

All working fine after 2 days with a new power adaptor. As far as I can conclude the old power adaptor was interfering with the TP Link Powerline circuit.

Back