Zgemma h.2h causing broadband drops

Very weird about the Monday Tuesday Wednesday etc. That must have something to do with local interference.

Sent from my Alife P1 Pro using Tapatalk

Well still working 100% who would have thought. An AC adaptor could cause so much hassle ....

Well still working 100% who would have thought. An AC adaptor could cause so much hassle ....

Mine started dropping again last night, unplugged the box till the morning and so far so good. But for me doesn't seem to be cured 100%

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And you have changed the AC adaptor.

Yeah I've got a dreambox dm800 which uses the same AC adapter, so far the whole day havnt had any drops but yesterday I noticed a few

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had my H2H flood my network today, all internet access ground to a snails pace. It turns out a setting within the mg_cfg was the cause. Check file /usr/keys/mg_cfg and see if logging is being sent to a non-existant server!!

With my mg_cfg file logging was set to L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
This server doesn't exist and even if it did, why would I want my mgcamd log content being sent to an external provider!!! hmmm!!

Anyway I updated the file by switching logging off with L: { 00 } then rebooted the machine and so far so good.

I had the same issue a few months ago had the engineers out changing internet hubs the main socket in my home and still nothing.
Had the bloke out 2 days running and we finally noticed that when I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the router the dropping stopped.
He said he had never came across this before but it appears the box was sending some kind of feedback to the router that was stopping it from loading up properly or connecting to the internet.
So I bought a wifi dongle from the link bellow. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291801503195
And starting using a wifi connection this cured the problem for me hope it helps some others out there

Yeah. That's OK but I prefer to use cable Rather than wifi or Bluetooth. And the changing of the Zgemma AC adaptor solved the problem....

Back