zgemma h2h, does anyone know if zgemma will improve /sort out the week tuner problem

like most 2nd generation things they have taken the good & improved where they can, speed, button response & some say picture are all better, they both do exactly the same just H2H does it so much better

H1 is a LOT slower than h2h.. H2 and h2h have Samsung tuners, whilst H1 doesn't, really affects the picture quality. Another plus for h2h is that the remote is far better. If I were you I would go for the h2h, bit more expensive but far better

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Incorrect Zgemma H1 has a Samsung 101A cable tuner and the H2 and H.2H have a Samsung 109A tuner

H1 is a LOT slower than h2h.. H2 and h2h have Samsung tuners, whilst H1 doesn't, really affects the picture quality. Another plus for h2h is that the remote is far better. If I were you I would go for the h2h, bit more expensive but far better

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Incorrect Zgemma H1 has a Samsung 101A cable tuner and the H2 and H.2H have a Samsung 109A tuner

ok, i've changed my mind on this one.

i have just set up a h2h and a h1 on cable.

on the same network and setup the h2h showed 29% and glitched a little on cable.

the h1 shows 98% and is absolutely glitch free.

i have tried several test lines and all glitched on the h2h but were perfect on the h1.

i still think the signal strength stuck at 29% is a software glitch and not a true reflection of the correct signal strenght nut in my mind the tuner sensitivity on the h1 is far better than on the h2h.

I can pay few quit more, no problem , just want to buy better one.....(to use on cable)

Last edited:
Are people still seeing problems with h2h? About to buy and would like advice of people who have had them a while?

I've been running one for 6 months with no problems, I find all the zgemma run ok for the cost, ( occasional problems) more expensive boxes with faster processors (1.3 GHz) tend to run the best. I've got a mutant 2400 HD which has run near perfect since October last year.
I do all my tinkering on my zgemma and I actually like it

I've got the s2 had it over a year no issues, bricked my f5s the other day but I really want HD and people kept saying that the H2H glitches on VM so been undecided

It's not my main box so it's not in use as much as my mutant but I don't see any issues. If your unsure try a miracle box hybrid, that a good box (I,ve got one). Had no issues with that either.

Nothing wrong with H2H been using one for the last four months.. No issues apart from getting stuck on boot, totally my own fault though for tinkering with things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a h2h for two months. Frustrated is the word. I am sure after reading everything the tuner is weak. I have tried new lines and they are all the same. 29% signal. Tried new splitter. Some channels work fine. But I find the longer the box is on the worse it gets and where the aerial cable goes in after a while it gets really hot. Could it be the software? I might try updating it. Like now. I have been watching for 30 mins with no problem. But I've just had my first glitch. Someone tell me a alternative box please. I don't care how much but one that works......it seems to be common so has to be the box

Miracle box (750 GHZ processor) or xtrend ET 8500 (1.3 GHZ processor) both great boxes

Edit: for your main viewing box, I would get the best! 1.3 GHZ processor, why spend loads on a decent TV, sound system and plug a cheap receiver into your set up? Cheap boxes belong in kitchens and bedrooms. I've got a mutant 2400 HD, never heard of it? Thats because it just works

Last edited:
I keep seeing the mutant box being mentioned. Where the best place to buy one and are there any others that just work. The only good thing about my experience with the zgemma is I know it backwards now. If it wasn't for the glitching it would be perfect but it can only be the tuner

here's one for you. is there a 4k box out there? sly are going to start broadcasting in 4k so I guess VM will quickly follow.

4k boxes

here's one for you. is there a 4k box out there? sly are going to start broadcasting in 4k so I guess VM will quickly follow.

Yes sky q boxes are 4k but firstly you would have to change your lnb outside as the original lnb's are not compatable with the new boxes.
Next thing is like the sky hd service is not available to card sharing then the new sky q boxes will not be able to card share.
With regard to virgin if they do start to do 4k they will only be able to stream 4k like on demand services otherwise they would have to change all there boxes to a new 4k box which would mean the current card sharing system would become obsolete.

Yes sky q boxes are 4k but firstly you would have to change your lnb outside as the original lnb's are not compatable with the new boxes.
Next thing is like the sky hd service is not available to card sharing then the new sky q boxes will not be able to card share.
With regard to virgin if they do start to do 4k they will only be able to stream 4k like on demand services otherwise they would have to change all there boxes to a new 4k box which would mean the current card sharing system would become obsolete.

That statement is not entirely correct, there is already a 4K VM receiver in beta testing with some customers and it is delivered the exact same way as the TV services are now.

You are correct though in saying that if you want VM 4K you will need the new Tivo 4K box exactly the same as if you want Sky's 4K channel you need the new Sky Q receiver

Back