Zgemma h2h optical audio lead

no optical port on google images that i see for that box,do you see an alternative way of hooking box up without hdmi is the red/white/yellow phono leads for viewing and sound. your box has a black phono digital out for 5 - 1 on amp.
may depend on what is on your amp like digital in to see what cable you use,i have a post on different optical toslinks setup.

The optical cable on it is the sp/dif that's why you need a different lead to a optical I have a sound stage and the only input on it is optical

The ZGemma has a digital output (S/PDIF) but it's coax rather than optical. S/PDIF can EITHER be coax or optical - they're both digital signals.

If you only have optical inputs, you need to buy a coax to optical S/PDIF converter.

You can use the optical audio cable, the way i use it is by connecting it directly to the TV from the system, and the sound seems to project from the box out the 5.1 dolby system

Thanks sorted it going through the tv to the sound stage there both lg so I just turn the tv on and the sound stage comes on too can even control the volume of the sound stage with the tv remote

Hi guys I have a zgemma h2s here and seem to be having issues when putting in hdmi when booting up the picture doesn’t display on tv and have to turn off box from the front switch or remote to make it display again picture on tv but get no sound I don’t know what’s wrong here I flashed the box with latest firmware’s and still no joy I think my hdmi port has had it. I’m now thinking of using the audio L video audio R s/pdif but don’t know which is the correct lead to buy for that to work.
Here’s a picture of my port attached below if someone can help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
first off,
do NOT plug or unplug HDMI leads with the equipment turned on,
it can cause irreversible damage
the lead you need depends on how you want the sound to work, and the inputs on your audio device, its very doubtful your tv will accept video via one input and audio via a different one,
do you have surround sound or a sound bar.?

I think the hdmi port inside box has gone and damaged it I’ve been taking off putting in hdmi lots of times while my box is running on.

I want the TVs sound to work like normal with the audio lead I have attached picture #8 post have u seen it ? I have a sound bar no tv. Also I’m thinking can I use a AV lead ?

I think the hdmi port inside box has gone and damaged it I’ve been taking off putting in hdmi lots of times while my box is running on.

I want the TVs sound to work like normal with the audio lead I have attached picture #8 post have u seen it ? I have a sound bar no tv. Also I’m thinking can I use a AV lead ?

yes, seen #8
plugging in and out your HDMI with box turned on may well have destroyed your hdmi out on your box,
you will not be able to send hdmi video and analogue audio to you TV at the same time, ime,[ well, you can send it, but your TV wont recogniuse both at the same time ]
you should however, be able to send HDMI video to your TV, and analogue audio to your soundbar, I do that with my surround sound and it works fine,
what inputs do you have on your soundbar.?

Yes video displays ok on the tv with hdmi but no sound. What do u mean by analogue audio soundbar ?
your L & R audio out are analogue outputs, spdif is digital [of a sorts]
what inputs have you on your soundbar.?
your TV is highly unlikely to be able to recognise HDMI [digital] video in and analogue audio in at the same time, I've yet to see one that can.

Oh okay those are the analogue R & L.

I’m bit confused here where shall I check for inputs soundbar behind tv or in tv menu ?

Oh okay those are the analogue R & L.

I’m bit confused here where shall I check for inputs soundbar behind tv or in tv menu ?

look on your soundbar.
nothing to do with tv, you could have it connected to your HiFi for all anyone knows,
my surround is only connected to my STB and DVD player, as the missus doesnt really like it with normal TV, we only use it for films, and I use it for bike racing, [or most things I watch if shes not there tbh, ;) ]

I did have one but forgot I had broken it by mistake.

Can I see what your one looks like I’m not sure which is right one for zgemma h2s box........

Back