Zgemma H2s not picking up signal - do i have a sky cable or virgin? [pic attached]

santz92

Good evening gents!

I bought a Zgemma H2s plug n play from eBay and arrived on Saturday. plugged everything in and watched the afternoon footy. switched it on the next day and since then has been blank showing only the wooshbuild background image and showing 0% SNR.
played around, reflashed done everything i could on sunday and still didnt work.

fast forward today, i bought another zGemma h2s and same thing. just a wooshbuild background and 0% SNR.
i re-ended the F connectors, played around with settings, reflashed with different images such as openvix, wooshbuild, willobuild and even then nothing worked! i even went out and bought a new f-connector cable by MONSTER with gold tips.

my dish is communal so i gave the housing people a call and she then told me that we are not allowed sky dishes in the building and we can only get virgin, thats when i got confused because in my flat we have a sky box showing freesat channels.

if we supposedly have virgin connection and not sky then how did i manage to watch the saturday afternoon footy on sky sports 1 using the zgemma h2s? confused!!!!!!

now im thinking if i need to return the h2s and buy the zgemma h2 for virgin connection.

i have uploaded a image of my cable and the box its connected to - please forgive me if this is no help, i literally have no idea how to determine whether i have sky or virgin connection. we dont have roof access here to check or play around with the dish.

if you need anymore images please do tell me and ill get it uploaded.

IMG_7384.jpg

hope someone can help me, all of you have helped me so far, i am so thankful, everyone in this community forum is a joy to conversate and chat with and im greatful for that.

thanks again

Turn the communal sky box off by the wall and then try your box again. If it works don't turn it off. It should do because youve had it on before

No mate your not understanding what I'm trying to say to you lol

The official sky box that you talk about in that quote, Pull the 3 pin plug out of the wall on it. Leave it out then go and turn the zgemma on and see if you get signal

lol!! sorry man, 3 days of trying to configure this my brain is fried lol.

yes, everytime iv tried to set the box up the 3 pin plug has always been out of the extension cable socket. i even plugged the zgemma plug into a wall socket but still nothing lol

By the look of your picture the lead into sat should go from there to your box into tuner a also you said you flashed the box did you input your line/gift again

By the look of your picture the lead into sat should go from there to your box into tuner a also you said you flashed the box did you input your line/gift again

the cable from the box always went into TUNER A although i did try out TUNER B and even the LNB ports but mostly worked on tuner A. yes, everytime i flashed i put the line in using the USB cam from wooshbuild. having said that, even to watch the freesat channels, i dont have to put the line in do i? upon reboot after flash it should start up on BBC 1 showing live feed but mines doesnt, just shows the wooshbuild background, willobuild background or the openvix background depending on which image i used. can anyone confirm whether i have sky or virgin? i still dont know lol. this housing ladys just confused the shizzle out of me

If your getting picture on the sky box try that same f connector in your box. Also take a pic of the back of your box with all leads in and take pic of your TV when you press the OK button on remote

You said your box is a h2s so that would be sky not Virgin I'm guessing the housing lady was confused,by the picture you sent clearly says sat and not cable so you probably have a communal dish for all to use

Hope they havnt upgraded your dish for skyq as it wont work on zgemma.... As you said you used it sataday prob not.. Is strange do you speak to any neighbours to try in there flat.

You said your box is a h2s so that would be sky not Virgin I'm guessing the housing lady was confused,by the picture you sent clearly says sat and not cable so you probably have a communal dish for all to use

yes the box is a h2s, the housing lady did seem very confused i must say. yes we all have a communal dish for us all to use

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 PM ----------

Hope they havnt upgraded your dish for skyq as it wont work on zgemma.... As you said you used it sataday prob not.. Is strange do you speak to any neighbours to try in there flat.

i doubt they have upgraded dish to skyq as it is not availble in my area just yet, yes i did use it for a few hours on saturday but strange since then its been off. i would have liked to try with neighbours but we are not that close nit in terms of taking these boxes to eachothers houses to test it if works lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:02 PM ----------

If your getting picture on the sky box try that same f connector in your box. Also take a pic of the back of your box with all leads in and take pic of your TV when you press the OK button on remote

liam will take some pics now and upload. give me 30mins

What it could be is that all flats have a sat socket like you but it's connected to the same lnb. If this is the case only 1 connection
will get signal at any 1 time. That could be the reason you got it on Saturday and not today. If this is the case your best bet is to either put a dish up (but you say you cant) or wait until you get a signal on your box and don't turn it off ever then you will always have the signal

What it could be is that all flats have a sat socket like you but it's connected to the same lnb. If this is the case only 1 connection
will get signal at any 1 time. That could be the reason you got it on Saturday and not today. If this is the case your best bet is to either put a dish up (but you say you cant) or wait until you get a signal on your box and don't turn it off ever then you will always have the signal

if what you are sayin may be true then how could i get access to it? hope that no one is watching tv in my block of flats and switch the zgemma on say at like 5am when everyone is probably asleep and leave it on?

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

IMG_7446.jpgIMG_7447.jpgIMG_7450.jpgIMG_7451.jpgIMG_7452.jpg
some photos here

So when you did a channel scan did it find any channels did you set in your location in the country region setup

As you are using 1 cable in suggest you set tuner B to not configured as your scanning of channels will not work

Everything looks set up right. Can you get signal on the official sky box as we speak? What I will say though is don't use the sky hdmi because when it's not in the official box it leaves a ghost sky image in top left hand corner

It's not set up right for 1 cable set up tuner b needs to be unconfigured otherwise he will get tuner lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back