Zgemma H2s not picking up signal - do i have a sky cable or virgin? [pic attached]

Only other option is a portable dish...stick that in eBay see what you get.....I take it u not gone to another place to try the receiver....(sometimes feels like talking to wall).

Only other option is a portable dish...stick that in eBay see what you get.....I take it u not gone to another place to try the receiver....(sometimes feels like talking to wall).
Took my other one to a friends house who lives 10mins away from me... Works there!! Grrrr so annoyed

you're in a flat right? with a balcony? if so, get a portable dish, fix it onto your balcony if it's pointing the right way

If i buy a dish (which im not allowed in my block of flats) would i be able to stick it in my attic? As id need to keep it hidden from residents

no, you need to have direct line of site.

you can get a portable dish which is square and doesn't look like a dish... reckon you'd get away with that.

---------- Post Merged at 09:22 PM ----------

something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Dish-H30D2-Flat-Antenna/dp/B00319C8W0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472761335&sr=1-2&keywords=flat+satellite+dish

If you're not facing SSE, which I suspect you're not as you don't know where you're sat dish is, it won't work!

No as you need line of sight to satellite from dish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're in a flat right? with a balcony? if so, get a portable dish, fix it onto your balcony if it's pointing the right
way
I live in a flat with no balcony, was thinking to point it from my window and cover the satellite dish haha (stupid idea i know)

If you're not facing SSE, which I suspect you're not as you don't know where you're sat dish is, it won't work!

i certainly know which way to face the dish as my next door neighbours had a dish and had it taken down immediately by housing

---------- Post Merged at 09:55 PM ----------

Have you got a flat roof ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No tich mate, its a normal roof if you know what i mean lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 PM ----------

no, you need to have direct line of site.

you can get a portable dish which is square and doesn't look like a dish... reckon you'd get away with that.

---------- Post Merged at 09:22 PM ----------

something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Dish-H30D2-Flat-Antenna/dp/B00319C8W0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472761335&sr=1-2&keywords=flat+satellite+dish

really impressed with this buddy, can always say it is just an TV antenna in order for me to get TV channels. Will defo look into this

Took my other one to a friends house who lives 10mins away from me... Works there!! Grrrr so annoyed

santz92 - Benijofar told you in the other thread you created to try it with another satellite setup days ago. In posts 31, 35 and 37. Taking the advice would have saved everyone second guessing for all this time and then worked on a possible solution.

Last thing to try is setting it up on another sat cable somewhere to see if the FTA channels work.
If they do then the problem is in your connections.
If it doesn't then it's the box.
If you have to return then make sure you either have serial number or a special mark hidden as it wouldn't be the first time they say you buggered it up and swap the box and get the £50 from you !!

But pleased you now know where the issue lies.

santz92 - Benijofar told you in the other thread you created to try it with another satellite setup days ago. In posts 31, 35 and 37. Taking the advice would have saved everyone second guessing for all this time and then worked on a possible solution.

Last thing to try is setting it up on another sat cable somewhere to see if the FTA channels work.
If they do then the problem is in your connections.
If it doesn't then it's the box.
If you have to return then make sure you either have serial number or a special mark hidden as it wouldn't be the first time they say you buggered it up and swap the box and get the £50 from you !!

But pleased you now know where the issue lies.

I know mate, but with me at work, friends at work and times clashing wasnt feesable for me to go over to get it looked at. Had the time today on both sides to get it checked, i dont have many friends have a small circle so finding the right time and day was very hard hence iv been keeping a close eye on here and conversating with all these amazing gents and getting there advice and wisdom in regards to this. Gotta pay homage to you though mate, your build is quality and looking forward to your future updates and versions. Keep it up buddy

curious if a vu or xtrend would work there?
Got the housing people to get in the communal dish people for a monday appointment. Abit stuck now, as they will be coming over to my flat to test the connection and will see that the connection actually works ( sky tv works + built in tv on my freeview) i dont want to plug in my zgemma as it has the slyk skin aswell as the sky channels etc etc what do you suggest i do lol stuck in a pickle now

Just stick it on FTA. Channels and disconnect. Internet
Cheers tich, also changed the skin. Still shows the pay channels on EPG however

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

Gents, quick question out of curiousity.

if i were to get a discreet satellite namely a Self Sat H30d and stick it in the room with the sat facing out the window will the glass block the signal or anything at all? Something like the picture attached. If i go this route, if sat guys fail me tommorow then id have to buy me a discreet sat and connect it however i dont really want to plug it up outdoors on a wall then make holes, do wiring etc etc id rather keep it inside facing out my window and buying a 2m f connector cable and connecting it up. Your input would be great.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:23 PM ----------

Just stick it on FTA. Channels and disconnect. Internet
Cheers tich, also changed the skin. Still shows the pay channels on EPG however

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

Gents, quick question out of curiousity.

if i were to get a discreet satellite namely a Self Sat H30d and stick it in the room with the sat facing out the window will the glass block the signal or anything at all? Something like the picture attached. If i go this route, if sat guys fail me tommorow then id have to buy me a discreet sat and connect it however i dont really want to plug it up outdoors on a wall then make holes, do wiring etc etc id rather keep it inside facing out my window and buying a 2m f connector cable and connecting it up. Your input would be great.

Thanks
Picture link - http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/upside_down_dish.htm

quick question turned on zgemma box for first time an was stuck on page which said openvix please wait for like 10 mins got fed up an turned off is that normal? as just plugged bakc in my openbox to watch the footy

Back