Satellite Zgemma H7S wont drive dish.

bill.or

Hi All
recently set up motorised dish to work with my Zgemma Hs7....followed all the set up instructions on open Vix both for usals and non usals but now totally frustrated....
I have an old technomate 1000 and it drives the dish to all the usual Sats. ie 19.2, 13.0 without any problems.
Any pointers please
thanks
Bill

Wondering if other box supplies more power to move the dish , check both supplies to see what they are.
Good old TM 1000D 😂 scart only

I have seen this problem reported elsewhere and believe its an issue. Can you try with a HORIZONTAL channel as that uses 18V as opposed to 13 on the VERTICAL but ...

Checked with retailer who said power should be ok (supplied dish and motor also). Is it possible the distance from box to motor is too much....about 35m?
tried it on both H and V. Won't even move dish on incremental movement

Checked with retailer who said power should be ok (supplied dish and motor also). Is it possible the distance from box to motor is too much....about 35m?
tried it on both H and V. Won't even move dish on incremental movement
The Zgemmas are noted for a very low amperage output from the tuner over that distance, i think you have found the limitation of it.

Is the coax new ? You could make things better by using quality coax such as WT100 or better still WT125. Even then at 35m pushing it.

Coax is all new....using the twin lower gauge. Could I have confused the motor by trying all the different settings in Vix. Would it be worthwhile resetting the motor??

35m is long, what is the make of the motor, and your set up should be tuner a simple, positioner, long/lat, extra motor options, should say show as menu, force legacy = no. have you lights on the motor and the zgemma has 2 tuners, have another cable to tuner B if not disable it.

Technomate TM -2300M3. Green light on motor. Set up as simple, entered correct lat/lon , 2 tuners a and b.... set b to equal a. using 3rd tuner for terrestrial
Also tried set up on advanced mode....no movement at all on motor

At least there is power to motor. turn off tuner B say nothing configured and waht sat are you moving from, go a short distance and are you receiving a signal via motor? if no joy check the sat cable and try tuner b with a not configured. But that cable is only good for a sky box ie 28 east.

however you did say other box moved dish so its that zgemma is underpowered and sadly no good. With real good cable it might work.

At least there is power to motor. turn off tuner B say nothing configured and waht sat are you moving from, go a short distance and are you receiving a signal via motor? if no joy check the sat cable and try tuner b with a not configured. But that cable is only good for a sky box ie 28 east.

however you did say other box moved dish so its that zgemma is underpowered and sadly no good. With real good cable it might work.
would a power inserter help ?

Do you think a better quality heavier gauge cable might do the trick?
As mentioned above, the ZG doesn't have enough power.
Check your psu on your technomate and the zgemma and its highly likely the ampage is higher on the TM
You can can get higher output psu on ebay or amazon.
Obviously only 12v but higher amps

Technomate TM -2300M3. Green light on motor. Set up as simple, entered correct lat/lon , 2 tuners a and b.... set b to equal a. using 3rd tuner for terrestrial
B = A means that you have told receiver B is same/equal to A. Surely you don't have two motorised dishes? The tuner with the wire that bypasses the motor and goes to the multi port LNB should be set as "2nd cable of motorised LNB".

As a test disconnect the LNB if the dish moves then it tells you a story in the take some power consumption away and it works.

Do you think a better quality heavier gauge cable might do the trick?
It will help with power loss over such a long distance, in your case if all else fails i would be using the much thicker WT125 cable.

Someone else mentioned it but a 5 amp psu will also help, your box will only draw what it needs there is no harm using a PSU with higher amperage.

B = A means that you have told receiver B is same/equal to A. Surely you don't have two motorised dishes? The tuner with the wire that bypasses the motor and goes to the multi port LNB should be set as "2nd cable of motorised LNB".
If you don't have a multi-port LNB, the tuner with the signal wire that is not connected to anything should be disabled/set as "not configured".

Took Abu's advice. Changed tuner B to "2nd cable to motorised LNB" and got movement on dish, on advanced mode not with usals.
Will try and configure other sats now.....thanks a mill

I'd try USALS first. If dish was physically aligned correctly and you set tuners correcty (to match hardware attached to the tuner) it will just work.

To avoid previous config issues, flash image again, do not restore after it restarts, set tuner, install channel list like ciefp, vhannibal, test selection of various channels.

Last edited:
Back