Zgemma loses signal

jock1967

i have a zgemma h2.s with ipab build and line. As a general rule it works perfect. I have one issue, every time I watch a recorded programme from the external hard drive and then return to the tv I just get a black screen, I check the signal from both tuners and there is none and no tick in the lock, after a while (time varies) the signal comes back and therefore the channels.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? It's driving me nuts!!

Tuner A:BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Single
Sats 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Tuner B: AVL6211 (DVB-S2)
Single
Sats 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Think I would redo sky cables as in cut off ends etc I had an issue when screwing in cables the cable was pushing back out of the screw connection not giving a good contact

Can only try

Try the dish feeds in the opposite tuners? if you get a signal on tuner B, points towards a faulty cable.

Would the cabling or dish issues be causing this problem? I just can't understand why it's perfectly fine until I watch a recording?

Janso, you mean just swop the 2 cables over at the back of the unit.....

Think I would redo sky cables as in cut off ends etc I had an issue when screwing in cables the cable was pushing back out of the screw connection not giving a good contact

Can only try
I had read this somewhere, it doesn't look too hard and can't hurt I guess, thanks

Would the cabling or dish issues be causing this problem? I just can't understand why it's perfectly fine until I watch a recording?

Janso, you mean just swop the 2 cables over at the back of the unit.....
Yes, try that. Then if you're getting a signal on tuner B but not tuner A then the cables are your problem. Either they're knackered or you just need to strip them as above.

Yes, try that. Then if you're getting a signal on tuner B but not tuner A then the cables are your problem. Either they're knackered or you just need to strip them as above.
I had to do exactly that when i swapped from openbox to zgemma, no channels at all till i stripped the cables. I think over the years the cable does degrade a bit, so a fresh connection may just solve your issue :)

Surely its a software problem the op put it works perfect until watching something he's recorded on the box

I had to do exactly that when i swapped from openbox to zgemma, no channels at all till i stripped the cables. I think over the years the cable does degrade a bit, so a fresh connection may just solve your issue :)
It's the intermittent loss of signal that I just don't understand why only after watching a recording, what does the box do when I'm watching a playback? Does it need extra signal maybe?

Have got somewhere you can take your set up like a friend or family and try it via there dish? This way your know if it's an issue with your box or cables/lnb

Back