1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zgemma loses signal

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by jock1967, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jock1967

jock1967 Member

i have a zgemma h2.s with ipab build and line. As a general rule it works perfect. I have one issue, every time I watch a recorded programme from the external hard drive and then return to the tv I just get a black screen, I check the signal from both tuners and there is none and no tick in the lock, after a while (time varies) the signal comes back and therefore the channels.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? It's driving me nuts!!

2. Sam14

Sam14 Member

Is cables ok into tuners?

3. jock1967

jock1967 Member

I believe so as the signal on both tuners works just fine until I watch a recording?

4. jock1967

jock1967 Member

Can anyone help me please? I'm stumped.....

5. Sam14

Sam14 Member

Hi what does tuner A say and tuner B say in the tuner configuration?

6. jock1967

jock1967 Member

When it's broken or when it's working?

7. Sam14

Sam14 Member

Both

8. jock1967

jock1967 Member

Tuner A:BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Single
    Sats 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Tuner B: AVL6211 (DVB-S2)
    Single
    Sats 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

9. Sam14

Sam14 Member

Think I would redo sky cables as in cut off ends etc I had an issue when screwing in cables the cable was pushing back out of the screw connection not giving a good contact

Can only try

10. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Try the dish feeds in the opposite tuners? if you get a signal on tuner B, points towards a faulty cable.

11. jock1967

jock1967 Member

Would the cabling or dish issues be causing this problem? I just can't understand why it's perfectly fine until I watch a recording?

Janso, you mean just swop the 2 cables over at the back of the unit.....

12. jock1967

jock1967 Member

I had read this somewhere, it doesn't look too hard and can't hurt I guess, thanks

13. Sam14

Sam14 Member

Sounds like cabling

Janso and jock1967 like this.
  14. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Yes, try that. Then if you're getting a signal on tuner B but not tuner A then the cables are your problem. Either they're knackered or you just need to strip them as above.

15. Tezzers

Tezzers Member

I had to do exactly that when i swapped from openbox to zgemma, no channels at all till i stripped the cables. I think over the years the cable does degrade a bit, so a fresh connection may just solve your issue :)

16. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

Surely its a software problem the op put it works perfect until watching something he's recorded on the box

17. jock1967

jock1967 Member

I thought that so I changed from wooshbuild to ipab and still get the same issue

18. jock1967

jock1967 Member

It's the intermittent loss of signal that I just don't understand why only after watching a recording, what does the box do when I'm watching a playback? Does it need extra signal maybe?

19. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

Have got somewhere you can take your set up like a friend or family and try it via there dish? This way your know if it's an issue with your box or cables/lnb

20. wullboy

wullboy TK Veteran

or could it be that the cam is not kicking back in ??