Zgemma now selling modified boxes.

ste

TK Veteran
Just seen from someone on my H2.H setup thread that Zgemma are now selling modified boxes - H2.S receivers that have had the secondary satellite tuner replaced with a cable tuner and they're putting stickers on the flaps to label them as H2.H's.

Pretty sly from them if you ask me - doing that without any mention on their site.

Done properly, it's basically the same set up but as this member has found it, if it's not done properly then Tuner B will not show in tuner config :(

As in who are selling

Zgemma (airdigital) themselves, Zgemma the Sponcers of the site or someone else?

It's naughty but if it's true I bet they're not the only ones. if they've Got stack of H2S's that can't do anything with, but they should say that's what you're buying.

It sounds a bit sharp practice, if true. At least if they are not telling you what you are buying.
However, does anyone know this to be true for a FACT?? It is very easy to start a rumour.

It sounds a bit sharp practice, if true. At least if they are not telling you what you are buying.
However, does anyone know this to be true for a FACT?? It is very easy to start a rumour.

if you look at the H2.H setup thread from tonight, a recent poster has a h2s that has been rebadged as H2.H and he says he got it from official website, apparently, he's rung them and they admitted this practice has been going on for 3 months o_O

http://www.techkings.org/threads/my-h2-h-set-up-thread-using-wooshbuild.127252/page-13

That is a different address and phone number Dave than I have used to call them, and return something.

Well I'm not one to cast aspersions as well you know, :(y): but is the helpline open at 10pm at night?

YOU?? Casting aspersions?? Never!! LOL

They have also been selling tuners for the Zgemma H2s for months

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZGEMMA-H-...237290?hash=item2a8ee8a36a:g:s9MAAOSwyLFZsp~1

I don't think zgemma_official from eBay are the forum sponsors.
I did buy a tuner from them though and they refunded me without any problem when it wouldn't fit my H2S.
Apparently there's a lot of sellers on eBay fitting the DVB-C tuners on H2S's and selling them as H2H's.
I would be surprised if the forum sponsors were doing it.

If zgemma.co.uk is the correct site for the forum sponsor which I think it is then yes, that's where the modified box was apparently from.

I don't think zgemma_official from eBay are the forum sponsors.
I did buy a tuner from them though and they refunded me without any problem when it wouldn't fit my H2S.
Apparently there's a lot of sellers on eBay fitting the DVB-C tuners on H2S's and selling them as H2H's.

There is and has been only 2 sellers of the zgemma h2s tuners in any quantity on flea bay so it seems fez able to me :grin:

The only difference between the H2S and the H2H is the cable tuner anyway.
Changing the tuner does effectively make it a H2H.
It's just unfortunate on this occasion that the OP bought one with a faulty tuner.
Until recently I don't think there was a price difference between them.
They've actually had to buy an extra cable tuner and bin the sat tuner so can't see them making a massive profit out of it.

It's not for profit its to off load boxes they can't sell
But why not tell peeps when they buy a NEW H2H BOX ;);)

Just to clear some confusion.. It was me who received the modified box. I definitely bought it from the site in the picture below and called that number last night at around half 9 ish not expecting anyone to answer but was a but curious it was a mobile number. Someone did answer and said that all h2h boxes from their site for the past 3 months have been shipped as modified h2s boxes and if I wanted a genuine h2h it'd be hard to find one as the manufacturer has ran out of stock. He suggested I buy a h5 instead as they still had them.
f5835fbb9ed53c8e1a673d2da3c31e9d.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you were made aware of what you were buying beforehand then it wouldn't be as bad - just thought it's a bit sly selling them like that with stickers on and not a single mention of it on their site.

Just had a look at mine and it has had a sticker placed over the actual box also stickers on the box it came in where it said h2s had a look on the info on menu and that says its h.2h but all working fine. I belive all specs are the same in the h2s as the h2h apart from one sat and other cable+sat.

Just had a look at mine and it has had a sticker placed over the actual box also stickers on the box it came in where it said h2s had a look on the info on menu and that says its h.2h but all working fine. I belive all specs are the same in the h2s as the h2h apart from one sat and other cable+sat.
Yeah it was the same with me with the sticker on the actual box it came in as well. As ste was saying, if done properly it does work but mine was faulty as I couldn't see tuner b on the configuration screen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back