Zgemma Star H2 frozen

Hi,

I think I've bricked my box. I was installing a new skin - myNOVUM_FHD2.

My box is running Open ATV.

Does anyone know what the problem is and what can I do to resolve it?

Thanks

It boots up to the Open ATV screen. The working square of 4 squares spins, on the front panel numbers change until 99 shows then the time is displayed. I booted it at 22:00, it shows pins 22:03 now and doesn't respond to any button on the remote. I've changed the batteries in the remote just in case.

The box is not bricked. its stuck in a loop, the skin you have put on is not compatible with the image or its not installed correctly. if you can network your box then you may be able to delete the skin you have added, then the default skin will start up on re boot, or you can re-flash the ATV image from a usb stick.

That sounds hopeful. My box is networked and is responding to ping, what do I do to access by the network and how do I delete the skin?

Thanks.

if you can access your box using a local network setup on your computer you can open the files. The file you need to open is Share / enigma2 / There should be a XML file named Skin.xml just rename it to skin1.xml, then reboot

Setup a local network place to your satbox on your windows computer. ftp://root@192.168.1.your satbox port number use the wizard. once you have that setup go into network places and double click your satbox file. go into share / enigma2 and rename skin.xml.

which windows or oyu using XP/ win 7/ win 8.

Setup a new network using ftp://root@192.168.1.116

The Windows XP functionality of My Network Places, being able to create a shortcut to a specific folder on a network resource, has been moved to the Computer folder.

Either click on Computer from the Start Menu or click on Computer in Windows Explorer.

Right-click anywhere in the blank area of the right-side pane, and choose "Add a Network Location". On the 2nd screen, double-click on Choose a Custom Location to open the familiar dialog box from XP. Browse to your network folder and add it.

When your done, the new link will appear in the Computer folder under Network Locations. It will no longer appear in the Network folder where it used to be in XP.

Last edited:
I'm using Win 7 and I've used FileZila to change the name of skin.xml to skin1.xml but the problem still remains. What is the default backup location as I did a backup before I made any changes but I didn't make a note of the location. I had a USB stick plugged in at the back but it wasn't recognised.

Thanks.

I don't have a backup in either area. :( Can you point me to a copy of file to flash the box with and is it possible to just rename the enigma2 directory and copy a new one in before I flash the box entirely?

Do you know which files and directories I can save before and restore after I've flashed the box?

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 02:42 PM ----------

When I switch it back on again the green light is on, the panel says boot and progresses through numbers. The front off switch does not do anything. I don't know if that helps.

Back