Zgemma through firestick

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Hi guys i have kodi 16.0
I understand i can watch the zgemma through kodi via my fire stick...i have seen this how to but my version of kodi is not showing any of these settings???? i found PVR service under system info but its greyed out.
Any help would be much appreciated

You should update to kodi 16.1 as it's stable and works perfectly.

Also, are your Kodi settings set to expert level?

Then, in Kodi,

You need to then go into system -> settings-> Add-ons -> my add ons -> PVR clients. The last one should be VU+ / Enigma2 client. Open it and configure by putting in your IP address and then come back out and enable it.

Come back out to main settings screen and select TV. The first tab is general. Make sure the first option "Enabled" is enabled and has a blue dot beside it. It's also a good idea to enable "disable connection lost warnings" as it constantly beeps warnings when your zgemma is off or out of range.

Come down on the left tab to guide and reduce the number of days to display to one, and look for update interval and raise this to 1440.

You then should come out to main screen and highlight the power button and shut down Kodi. This will save settings.

The TV option should now be visable on your Kodi and a box will pop-up on the top right showing you it's downloading the channel info.

It's worthwhile adding the channels you watch into the favorites bouquet on your zgemma and configure the VU+ / enigma 2 client to only fetch one bouquet in the channels tab. Otherwise the firestick spends a lot of time downloading every channel which takes a bit of time every time you turn Kodi on.

Hope that helps.

Not bad going typing all that on a Saturday morning with a hangover. Go me!

You should update to kodi 16.1 as it's stable and works perfectly.

Also, are your Kodi settings set to expert level?

Then, in Kodi,

You need to then go into system -> settings-> Add-ons -> my add ons -> PVR clients. The last one should be VU+ / Enigma2 client. Open it and configure by putting in your IP address and then come back out and enable it.

Come back out to main settings screen and select TV. The first tab is general. Make sure the first option "Enabled" is enabled and has a blue dot beside it. It's also a good idea to enable "disable connection lost warnings" as it constantly beeps warnings when your zgemma is off or out of range.

Come down on the left tab to guide and reduce the number of days to display to one, and look for update interval and raise this to 1440.

You then should come out to main screen and highlight the power button and shut down Kodi. This will save settings.

The TV option should now be visable on your Kodi and a box will pop-up on the top right showing you it's downloading the channel info.

It's worthwhile adding the channels you watch into the favorites bouquet on your zgemma and configure the VU+ / enigma 2 client to only fetch one bouquet in the channels tab. Otherwise the firestick spends a lot of time downloading every channel which takes a bit of time every time you turn Kodi on.

Hope that helps.

Not bad going typing all that on a Saturday morning with a hangover. Go me!

Many thanks bud...well would update to 16.1 but bit hassle on the sticks i think. Yes very impressive skill while hung over bud!!!

---------- Post Merged at 11:26 AM ----------

how about popping kodi on the zgemma mate? now that will test ya hang over

It's easy to update using ES file explorer. Stick it on your box through your Amazon App store and I'll do another quick guide while I'm on a roll and before this headache goes away.

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ----------

It's in the top free in the apps screen

---------- Post Merged at 11:29 AM ----------

I done it and took it off again. Buggy as hell and box started crashing randomly. Also the kodi direct interface sucks. Firestick all day long

It's easy to update using ES file explorer. Stick it on your box through your Amazon App store and I'll do another quick guide while I'm on a roll and before this headache goes away.

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 AM ----------

It's in the top free in the apps screen

---------- Post Merged at 11:29 AM ----------

I done it and took it off again. Buggy as hell and box started crashing randomly. Also the kodi direct interface sucks. Firestick all day long

asmad...brilliant many many thanks for your help. Yes will stick to the sticks, these little thing are immense for the cash nothing comes close. I have 3 in the house now waiting to buy 3 more hopefully on black friday. I have used apk fire via me G5 which is kinda good.

Install firestopper on ya fire stick and whenever you fancy updating your kodi version its just a single click upgrade.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Install firestopper on ya fire stick and whenever you fancy updating your kodi version its just a single click upgrade.

Cheers bud..What a useful bunch of dudes!!!

I do side load apps onto the firestick from my phone using apps2fire and Fireinstaller but I've found updating Kodi that way doesn't always work, but for a fresh install it's always spot on.

I'll have a look at that firestopper. I also put TiMote on my firestick and found it to be quite good. But setting zgemma to stream directly to Kodi is the best way.

I'm always hearing people complain about kodi and android boxes, but on a firestick it's gotta be the best setup. I've to get a few more for the house and some family. Hopefully Amazon will have a good deal on them for black Friday and my Xmas shopping will be done. The new one has better specs too.

I do side load apps onto the firestick from my phone using apps2fire and Fireinstaller but I've found updating Kodi that way doesn't always work, but for a fresh install it's always spot on.

I'll have a look at that firestopper. I also put TiMote on my firestick and found it to be quite good. But setting zgemma to stream directly to Kodi is the best way.

I'm always hearing people complain about kodi and android boxes, but on a firestick it's gotta be the best setup. I've to get a few more for the house and some family. Hopefully Amazon will have a good deal on them for black Friday and my Xmas shopping will be done. The new one has better specs too.

Brill cheers bud..So the newer stick is better specked??? didnt know that.

If I have my line setup on my ZGemma on my main TV, could I then set this up on my Kodi upstairs? Could both be used at the same time? Would this affect my line or would each box just be using a separate tuner? I'm just don't want my line provider saying I am abusing my line.

Each box using a separate tuner unless the channels are on the same frequency then I guess they'd be sharing one tuner.
All I know is it'll work

That's a good question, but one I'm not 100% sure of.

My line supplier allows for up to 3 lines to be used, so my thought is that my zgemma h2s uses 2 of them and Kodi uses another. Maybe someone can confirm this?

I haven't tried watching through kodi while the box records 2 things at the same time. As Sm1 says, quite often tuners are shared when watching \ recording channels on the same frequency which is how you can sometimes record multiple channels while still watching another.

As far as I know most decent line providers do allow up to 3 lines so long as they're at the same ip address to prevent you sharing with someone else.

If you had multiple firesticks set up and all being used at the same time as using the zgemma then yes. They have got to be using a separate line each and this could cause a problem with line use \ abuse. One firestick can only use one line, so should not be a problem

No descrambling takes place on the fire stick . it is merely receiving a video stream from the zgemma that has already been descrambled so your line is none the wiser.
I've got 4 Ftv's in my house and remote stream to my android phone or iPad when I'm out and about.

I'm trying to get Kodi linked up via my laptop. How do you restrict the Kodi to only scan one bouquet...e.g. Favourites? What do I change within the TV settings on Kodi in order to make this happen? Cheers!

Hi can you help please I tried to get zgemma on to my firestick but where you said enable should light up with a blue dot mine lights up red any help appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Driver_wedge. Go to my add-ons in Kodi. Select PVR clients and bottom one is Vu+ enigma 2. Select configure and move to the middle tab. There is 3 options there. Click download only one bouquet and type in the name of that bouquet beneath. "Favorites (TV)". Make sure it's spelled the same and capital letters used so it's identical to what it says on your zgemma bouquet.

Paulcwtf. I'm guessing you maybe just are using a different skin on Kodi? Not Confluence. Or some personalised version of Confluence? Are all your radio buttons red dots instead of blue? If so, then that's all it is. Otherwise I've no idea. Are the dots either red or off?

If it's loading the channels and all the dots are red you should still be good to go.

Thanks a million asmad. That one had me stumped, but I've got it going now. The 'My addons' bit is what I wasn't familiar with. Hmmm....very interesting indeed! :-)

Thanks again!!

DW

Sometimes when I stream to kodi it has audio description running which really had me stumped. Took a while to figure that one out.

I have added my IP to the Vu app on Kodi all the channels are listed but none of them play. It comes up working then nothing happens. I have tried this on all my devices Laptop, Firestick and mobile the same thing happens. Any ideas how to fix?

Set your Box to a fixed IP address Turn DHCP off and assign ip address as starting multiple devices can assign a different ip to your settings

Back