Zgemma through firestick

Your instructions were tailored to a very specific matter - getting the PVR client up n running were they not?
Mine is simply covering just about all the bases, of which the PVR client (and in fact, a Fire TV stick) was only a small part.
However, I thought that anyone who has read this thread may find mine of some use and help.
Isnt that what this forum is for?

Now now ladies... put the handbags down lol

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 PM ----------

https://advancedtomato.com/downloads/router/e2500v3

That's the version I have installed.
Do you know if you have a v1, v2 or v3?
There is also an image for v1 in the downloads section.

I was trying to push v3 onto it now im thinking its a v1...ill have another crack at it when I get in. Thanks for the help so far Sm1

??
Im never gonna slag off anyone who has spent their own valuable time to post help on here!
However, I thought it only fair to have a right to reply, nothing more. ;)

Now now ladies... put the handbags down lol

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 PM ----------

https://advancedtomato.com/downloads/router/e2500v3

That's the version I have installed.
Do you know if you have a v1, v2 or v3?
There is also an image for v1 in the downloads section.

I was trying to push v3 onto it now im thinking its a v1...ill have another crack at it when I get in. Thanks for the help so far Sm1
I think the label underneath the router has the version number printed somewhere.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Read up online and it said that if there is no v2 or v3 on it aftwr the model number its a v1...thankfully i didnt brick it earlier lol

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 AM ----------

Got it on there..now just to figure out how to set it up lol...gonna be a long night

I didn't have much luck with the vu+ addon it seamed to take forever loading epg data so I used used this instead
Code:
http://allaboutnothing.me.uk/streaming-sky-localaly-freeview-to-kodi/
It doesn't use the epg data

Last edited:
I didn't have much luck with the vu+ addon it seamed to take forever loading epg data so I used used this when I used thi instead
Code:
http://allaboutnothing.me.uk/streaming-sky-localaly-freeview-to-kodi/
It doesn't use the epg data

Did you create a favourites bouquet? If it's left to download all the channels information
It can be pretty (really really) slow.

As far as asking about my own short and sweet instructions rustyMG. No offence was intended, but I felt my question had merit. Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I do agree that your guide really does cover all the bases. Knowledge is best shared freely and thats what makes forums like this one so valuable.

Tried favourite, all, sports but it didn't work that was on a 2s though. I've got a h2h downstairs and 2s upstairs now so don't bother with it and I was trying it on a raspberry pi2 if that makes a difference

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Be sure that any bouquet you try is spelled exactly the same including capital letters or spaces. It's very particular that way.

Shouldn't matter what platform your running Kodi on as the settings will be the same but the Vu+ client probably wouldn't work as it's designed for enigma 2 devices.

I've no experience with the Pi but I'm sure a Google will tell you which PVR client works with it.

Android/firestick users can also use an app called dream player which is good for streaming from any enigma 2 receiver have used it with zgemma S, 2S and also HS and H2S, though on the 2S if don't have a good swap file setup can cause the box to run sluggish while firestick is streaming

sm1 it seems i have filled up your inbox with questions on this remote access matter lol. i know this message isn't helping anyone else but ill be sure to post up the findings when i get this up and running.

You should update to kodi 16.1 as it's stable and works perfectly.

Also, are your Kodi settings set to expert level?

Then, in Kodi,

You need to then go into system -> settings-> Add-ons -> my add ons -> PVR clients. The last one should be VU+ / Enigma2 client. Open it and configure by putting in your IP address and then come back out and enable it.

Come back out to main settings screen and select TV. The first tab is general. Make sure the first option "Enabled" is enabled and has a blue dot beside it. It's also a good idea to enable "disable connection lost warnings" as it constantly beeps warnings when your zgemma is off or out of range.

Come down on the left tab to guide and reduce the number of days to display to one, and look for update interval and raise this to 1440.

You then should come out to main screen and highlight the power button and shut down Kodi. This will save settings.

The TV option should now be visable on your Kodi and a box will pop-up on the top right showing you it's downloading the channel info.

It's worthwhile adding the channels you watch into the favorites bouquet on your zgemma and configure the VU+ / enigma 2 client to only fetch one bouquet in the channels tab. Otherwise the firestick spends a lot of time downloading every channel which takes a bit of time every time you turn Kodi on.

Hope that helps.

Not bad going typing all that on a Saturday morning with a hangover. Go me!
Thank you for your typing this. It's the 1st time I've got a PVR client to work now all I have to do is sort out my favourite folder on the zgemma. Thought it would load quickly on the shield but took about 8 minutes to load all the channels and the epg... It won't take long to stress me out every time I load kodi at this rate. Apart from that is all systems go and working beautifully. Thank you!!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I have this working perfectly thanks to this thread but I tried to put a build on kodi and could no longer seem to get this to work even though all the settings was still there so did a fresh start in fusion now all back working but my question is will this only work on the basic kodi setup ? And will I just have to add addons rather then a whole build

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a build so long as you have access to the settings and vu+ client.

Back