1tb usb memory stick for zgemma

Shiv

TK Veteran
Would there be any negative issues on using a 1tb memory stick for a zgemma for recordings/epg/downloading movies from iptv player?

£50??? Kingston 1Tb are in excess of £600. Something wrong there then

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

if your looking at USB sticks on fleabay then your going to get stung, sorry mate but a 1TB USB drive for £50 is a fake, chances are its a 32GB (if your lucky) hacked to display 1TB. If you are ever unsure on your USB drives, SD Cards then google H2testw and use that program, it will tell you exactly what storage your drive has, speeds etc.

I've seen 1TB 2.5" USB storage drives for about £50 on Amazon but not a USB Stick, I've seen a 256GB for £111 (HyperX Data Traveler USB 3.0)

Last edited:
You guys are right it's not from reputable brand like Kingston etc.
probably best to stick to a external desktop hardrive

which twin tuner zgemma is the latest 1?

You guys are right it's not from reputable brand like Kingston etc.
probably best to stick to a external desktop hardrive

I've been stung in the past with USB drives but then that was when 4GB was massive, lol NEVER buy a unbranded USB stick you can pick up a 1GB drive labelled as 64Gb from china for about £1.50 so its too temping for scammers to flog them to average joe for £20 a peice

I am fully aware the difference between a HDD and a flash drive thanks I was just saying I use a USB powered HDD with no issues

until your port on box packs in.usb portables are not advised to be used on boxes but who listens to advice given.

i would say any box as i also used a portable on a vu solo and had issues.externally powered reduces stress on box and can let hdd spin down when not in use.

Will have to let my mate know as just set his vu solo 2se with a 1tb USB powered unit so will sort him out with a powered unit how reliable are NAS units to record to using e2 receiver I have had a play and tried it out but not tried it as a permnet thing

i prefare the real deal with internal hdd or externally powered ones and if getting full then move to my nas through my network setup.dont know if nas can lose connection if rebooting box but have lost mounts and needed to be setup again.

Cheers bud will sort him out with a 2tb wd desktop powered unit then last thing I want is to cause issues with his USB ports as for mine well my 2 daughters zgemma units I will save to a large flash pen and move to nas drive to keep it stored glass I got the duo2 tho lol

Back