2014 sky skin by fraggle

Gindo

Hi ,Can anyone tell me if the above will work with this back up OpenATV 4.2 31.01.2015 mtpockets if so do I need to delete anything in ftp
Thanks

Hi Gindo - Yes it will work, however I prefer the later version by Fraggle121 and Chababu which has better skin integration with OpenATV and also comes with a weather plugin with the same skin applied. It's available here to download from Dropbox as I'm still struggling to put stuff in the downloads section on the site. Extract from the zip file then copy the .ipk file via ftp to the /tmp folder on your box and BLUE, Plugins, IPK Installer, Choose option 4 (/tmp)

Once installed..
MENU
Setup
System
Extended System
OSD Settings
Skin Setup
Select skin from list and press OK and restart when prompted.

Hope ya like it ;)

Last edited:
↑↑↑↑ will have a look at that. Cheers dude

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ----------

Will it only work on atv?

Sucmnsee it's based on "fraggle121 frankensky skin" but I believe Fraggle121 stopped doing the skin so Chababu took on the work and released V2 in 2014 to look more like HD. Chababu actually did it for OpenPLI but it seems to work fine on OpenATV. Not sure on Vix though?. I'd defo do a backup before trying just in case... Can you let folks know if any good for Vix? Cheers Pal :cheers:

When you press the info button the info bar comes up transparent apart from the writing, is that normal for the Fraggle121 and chababu skin? I'm using mtpockets ATV image.

When you press the info button the info bar comes up transparent apart from the writing, is that normal for the Fraggle121 and chababu skin? I'm using mtpockets ATV image.

It does that on mine too! Perhaps OpenPli doesn't have that function (just guessing as it seems strange they missed it when developing)

When u try to install that skin on vix u get......

I assume if u delete said files from root before installation it might work?

---------- Post Merged at 09:38 PM ----------

Removed the 2 files and rebooted. Stuck in boot loop.

Attachments

• 20150310_212041.jpg
    20150310_212041.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 46
Hi mtpockets I tried ur openatv back up but I could not get to do grips with it ( not very techy lol ) So sorry ive now flashed with the openvix and got things nearly sorted using 153 sucmnsees update cheers m8 its not your fault its me sorry thanks for your help mtpockets.

Gindo no worries mate, sucmnsees builds are great (might need to give this one a go myself) just be careful not to update otherwise you'll be back to square one again.

Ok M8t , thanks again , just a question then is there somewhere you can turn off updates or is it a case of just don't update unless sucmnsee does another or any other person ?

Last edited:
Turn off updates but if u used a backup of mine its already off.

I dont see any benefit to REGULARLY updating. There is rarely much different. It really is a case of if it aint broke..........

I do them regularly to post (about every 20 releases) but little tweaks are all that happen mostly.
If its a major release they change the name like zeus, appolo. Then I can see a case for updating etc

And dont forget that other than vix and bh you CAN update zgemma boxs online.

Just so I know where is the Turn off updates listed, I will stick with what im getting used too Vix
Thanks again

Thats openwebif plugin dude. Not skin. Unless im missing something?

Sorry I only uploaded that pic because it has all the box details,firmware,etc so that someone can see from that if fraggle skin would work on my box.

sorry for the fusion

There are different versions of the skin - the one I posted in the download section won't work with Vix - see Sucmnsees comment in this thread.

Hi

ive got it installed, had a little mess about with it seems to be working fine.

i was a bit hesitant because I thought if don't work it might brick my box,lol.

all you guys on here are good with all the help you lot offer.

thanks

Back