A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Decisions and options.....I need some advice please.

Hi all, Well I thought I was clever and bought an Openbox v8s (Basic box) and a separate 12 month gift....Only after a few hours of playing around I think I may have applied the gift correctly but it didn't work, I had thousands of channels but only a few worked (probably freeview). Anyhow I have given up on that and think I need to buy a plug and play box ?
However after looking on the bay (which many here frown on) I could buy a V8s with 12 months gift plug and play for under £60...BUT reading more on here it seems the Zgemma H2s would be a better box...(I don't want to buy something and regret it later)...However to get one of those with sly skin and 12 months gift is more than double the price !

So I need advice on which box to buy and where to buy it from...bearing in mind I want it fully loaded and plug and play with no worries for the 12 months and support for after that. So if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Alternatively maybe someone could sort my Openbox out for me, I live near Maidenhead and don't mind travelling to get it done (not too far tho lol) and I don't expect anything for nothing, just name your price.

I have paypal or cash and my Sky is being cut off on the 2nd Oct and Fibre coming on the 4th Oct, so I'm looking to get sorted for then.

Apologies if I've come across as an idiot....that's probably because I am one lol

Last edited:
I have the h2s and is a great box
Kodi on it put don't use it as its poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the h2s and is a great box
Kodi on it put don't use it as its poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Ok that's great, now how would I go about getting it to a plug and play state with 12 months gift ?....I'm an old dog and I'm struggling to learn new tricks lol

Hi guys, need a bit of advice and pointed in the right direction.

I have 3 v8s boxes in my household, one in my living room and one each in both my son and I's bedrooms. I would really like to upgrade my box in the living room as we do about 95% of our telly watching there and the v8s is really basic. The v8s boxes are fine for the bedrooms as they aren't used that much. The Zgemma h2s sounds like it'd work best for us with the twin tuners (watch a program and record another simultaneously) etc and I have a 160gb hdd for recording.

Is it possible to get a multiroom line for 3 boxes that would work on on two different types of machine? And if so where would be the best place to buy a Zgemma h2s which is ready to have a line installed? I would preferably like to avoid ebay unless someone could recommend a trustworthy seller on there.
I also recently had new lines installed by a friend but it is total crap, freezes for around 15-20 seconds every 5-10 mins so it is really unwatchable.

I would like to get the new box first before purchasing and installing a better line for all my boxes, so any help from you guys would be very much appreciated. Or if anyone could recommend any better boxes that aren't much more expensive would be great.
Thanks

Hi all,

I'm looking to move away from Sky and I've found that everyone seems to be buying Openboxes.

Instead of buying one of these boxes I'd like to do it right by buying a good box and future proofing myself.

Ideally, I would like the best picture possible and the ability to record.

Could someone please suggest a box around £3-400 please?

Is there a guide anywhere that I could read, I'm not really sure how to go about setting it all up.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, hope i'm posting in the right place?
I'll keep it as simple as possible.
Ive had the Kryptview 780 and also the 850. I've also had one of those apple tv lookalike, wifi box crap things that buffer like hell.

I've a budget of £150 and want a box so i can at least watch the football on both channels in HD or 4K if possible, hopefully included in my budget is at least a 12 month subscription..
I have VM broadband 70MB+ i also have a VM cable feed and also have a Sky dish.
I'm not too fussed about the ease of the remote or anything, i just want the best and most stable box/set up for the money, it has to be a box that doesn't keep buffering and you miss the goal he just scored type thing. I've looked at the open box V8S and the F5s but wasn't sure if either had the sports HD.
Would much prefer out the box plug and play as i have an iMac and i see a lot of the loaders etc are windows based.

Any help would be appreciated. I apologise if i sound dumb, chances are i'm bordering on being it.

Respect.

Hi guys.. been reading up on the various boxes.. I'm not sure if I can use any box.. I have VM package BB TV etc etc so not sure if I need to get a compatible VM/Cable box or just any Sly box.. I'm after a line also but I'll come back to that later.. what box would I be looking for ? Budget around 100 if can do HD that would be a bonus..

TIA..

Miracle mini works very well virtually on vm HD channels galore

Yep. agree, for your budget it will do the trick, make sure you order the DVB-C model (cable/hybrid tuner)

Not the DVB-S/S2 model which is a sat box.

Yep. agree, for your budget it will do the trick, make sure you order the DVB-C model (cable/hybrid tuner)

hi thx for the reply.. posted earlier but was`nt approved as it contained a link.. anyways.. is this the box you mean - [h=1]Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

question.. on the site i found it advertised they offer additional add-ons.. which firmware should i get pre-installed if any ?

i have an external HDD and USB Drive so all good there.. but what about wi-fi option ? also it mentions - Networking Powerline Homeplugs: not sure what this is..
[/h]

hi thx for the reply.. posted earlier but was`nt approved as it contained a link.. anyways.. is this the box you mean - [h=1]Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

question.. on the site i found it advertised they offer additional add-ons.. which firmware should i get pre-installed if any ?

i have an external HDD and USB Drive so all good there.. but what about wi-fi option ? also it mentions - Networking Powerline Homeplugs: not sure what this is..
[/h]
The plugs are only if your router is to far away to hard wire between the router and the box.
The plugs can the be used ...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

should i get any special firmware per-installed by the seller ? also is there any benifits to have wi-fi installed on the box.. my VM hub will be right next to it so no problems plugging the cable straight in..

Hi guys. I have a few questions. I have been out of the loop for many years and things have moved into a different league. Advice would be appreciated.
To start with I have a 1mtr motorised dish. It's possible it could still work. I also have a fixed sky dish. Again not used for a while but in good order.
Could you give me an idea of what sort of box would suit my needs. l could go up to £180. Would it be possible for it to be loaded, just ready to plug and play and able to upgrade over air.
I have an old macbook so am not too confident about putting various files and updates on.
Thanks for your patience.

If your not that fussed for a fancy box then speak to The Reaper about one of his Openboxe's, its a solid box that will do the Euro sat and UK sat too. You'll need a UK line and a Euro line but they aren't too expensive either so I reckon you could be up and running for under £100.

should i get any special firmware per-installed by the seller ? also is there any benifits to have wi-fi installed on the box.. my VM hub will be right next to it so no problems plugging the cable straight in..
Open vix comes pre installed look at world of satellite on line....should find all you need there .

Open vix comes pre installed look at world of satellite on line....should find all you need there .

ok cheers i`ll ask over there ;)

Back